This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD : Dirtworker or similar
As title.  Faced with the prospect of riding my first winter since 2008 I need something along the lines of a dirtworker which can hold its own water and runs off the car plug thing.

Does anybody have one they want to sell?
Or can anybody point me towards a bargain?

I want one too. Think they are all around 70 quid now new Sad
Cant help other than comment on them. Bought mine maybe 2 years ago? Only issue was my own fault when I left it with water in my shed during a cold spell, water froze and nuked the seal in the trigger. I got a new one with a better trigger bit. I have an old car battery with a lead to a female lighter socket so I use it all the time at home as ive never had a hose. Get about 20 uses per charge, perfect. Must find a way to fit it in the car if im going to do some winter riding I think as wet mud is so much easier to get off, useful for hosing down waterproof as well.

More than that Andy, £100 odd I think? There is one with a built in battery which costs more but could be useful for you Mark if your flats not ground level. I got mine back in the Halfords sale when they were chucking them out for £50

Sure theres another make as well but forget the name, blue coloured....  :Smile
Non battery one was £75 on Wiggle the other day.

Do the subscribe, unsubscribe newsletter cheat and get another £5 off.
Don't worry Mark, its at least a month before the bad stuff starts. Thats plenty of time to injure your self again.  Tongue

What model was Ben's? That worked  pretty well and survived being used by the sketchy collective.

Edit : Just had a quick ebay and saw this.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=""> ... 1212wt_906</a><!-- m -->

Much cheaper, no power required. Only 40 psi which is just under half the one linked to above, but may be enough to get the worst off the bike.
Other than the dont leave them to freeze advice, the other tip is, after turning them off, hold the trigger in for a bit until the water stops coming out. Do not disconnect the trigger or the hose from the system before doing this as its still pressurised and you will get covered in water. This will be funny for spectators however
&quot;UphillDownDale&quot; Wrote:Non battery one was £75 on Wiggle the other day.

Do the subscribe, unsubscribe newsletter cheat and get another £5 off.

Mike you star! Now 60 quid less the fiver. cheers.
&quot;Blackers&quot; Wrote:Mike you star! Now 60 quid less the fiver. cheers.

I bought one as well Wink
me too, stupid flat makes it very hard to wash a bike properly.
Keep it foolish...
its like the second coming of dirtworkers! I remember lurking on the BR thread when about 20 consecutive pages were just constant dirtworker discussions  Big Grin