This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afan weekend trip anyone?
As i can't make Mashly's Wales trip i thought i would start my own thread. Am thinking travel up Friday evening and come back sunday evening. Want to keep the costs down so would rather camp, or maybe YHA. Anyone else up for it? I work every other Sat but could prob swap it if need be.
to ride where?
If its a weekend im not working i could be interested, although I would want to stay in a proper hotel.
[quote author=]to ride where?
If its a weekend im not working i could be interested, although I would want to stay in a proper hotel.[/quote]

er?

" Wrote:[b"]pussys, camping makes it more of an adventure and a bit more of a challenge[/b], especially if you are carrying all your equipment, food, clothing etc etc.

Wink
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
lol, needs some quote about using the same tyres all the time but then now needing mud tyres as 4 rain drops fell over night  Tongue
Big Grin
adventure biking isnt the same as riding a trail centre, unless of course andy wants to pedal his tent around Afan, pretty pointless for a couple of hours loop.

Breezer, I dont think I have ever claimed to ride the same tyres all the time, Ive probably got more spare tyres and wasted more money on them then anyone.

This is what I love about forums, out of context quotes and general pointless commenting.
[quote="]Ive probably got more spare tyres and wasted more money on them then anyone.[/quote"]

This is very true. Sailor is the best supplier of cheap, unused Tyres in East Kent.  Big Grin
lol
PMSL Big Grin

Was thinking, as the title suggests Tongue doing the Afan trails, although would be nice to fit in CwmCarn again too. Depends what people want to do as CwmCarn can easily be done as a day trip.
I dont see the point in Cwmcarn for a day trip. Fuel is so expensive its far better to spend another £15 or something camping over and doing more riding on a second day. Yes this actually costs more but amount of riding/£ goes up considerably. £50 or so in fuel is a ridiculous amount to spend for one days riding regardless how good the track may be!