This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bash ring
A couple of bash ring questions...

Will this (36t 4 bolt) fit onto a Truative Stylo crankset in place of the outer ring?  Is it any good and if not, what would you recommend?  It will leave a setup with a 22, 32 and a bash - will this be a problem as it is a 36t bash?  In time i suspect i will change to a 34 or 36t middle rind hence the larger bash in the first place.  Lastly do i need a chain device or can it just be run on its own?

Thanks all
the blackspire ring say 4 bolt but the pic is 5 bolt? I have a couple of old shimano bash rings if you wanted one, just come and collect.

You can run it with no device but I would recommend fitting one for the extra chain security.

I have this lying around the shed also resim which goes with this resim
Great stuff - thanks Sailor.  I'm happy to pay you a few quid for them if you like?  I'll PM to arrange a pick-up
Available in 4 or 5 but they only stock the 4.......it looks so thin that I dont see the point in it, even says not designed to take hits, only purpose would be to stop your trousers rubbing on the oily chain, get something beefier if you want protection like the one Sailor shows etc
Cheers, picked up the Raceface ring and E13 chain guide from Sailor's bike emporium yesterday.  Oh and a bonus XT shifter all for a very reasonable rate.  Thanks Si
Those are going to look cool. i have one of the race face bash rings on my cotic and it looks flimsy but is hard as nails only managed to put a few scratches on it and im good at braking things ;D
Good stuff Nick, post some pics up when its all fitted. Never seen an E120 with a bash and chain device.
Lol they're not really intended for the Whyte long term but I'll fit them for my Peaks trip next month :-)