This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to ride!
(You might want to get a seat for this one!)

After  getting back on the mtb again after a brief spell with road riding, I have issues.

I am now a bit older, quite  a bit heavier than I used to be, have a family and job comiments.

Going back 5 years ago, there were no children and I was riding loads (plus I lived on the outskirts of Hurst(mereworth) Woods so each night I'd do a 1/2 loop.  Then all day on a Sunday.

Technique and fitness was pretty good.

However due to family and job my priorities have changed, as such my time is at a premium.

So I tend to go out early in the morning, i.e  get to Mereworth for about 06.30  :o

Anyone else fancy some early bird rides over the coming weeks, starting at 06.00 or 06.30 and finished by 08.30?

Or any other tips for getting rides in with very limited time (night rides is an option I guess)
sod that  Big Grin
I'm in Hadlow - I'm no early bird though! I'd be interested in night rides in that area if you decide to go that route!
It's great especially if  want to come down Willmots to Ightam Mote without too many walkers (read that as zero)

(You know you want to try it  Wink)
Sounds a good idea in the summer, but motivation may be lacking on cold winter mornings, so due to that im oooout  ??)
I may have been know to stop mid ride and cook up a bacon butty(mess tins and zen burner) on the winter rides.

Regarding the night rides, I am thinking about doing every other Wednesday at either Mereworth or Oldbury.
As good a bbh is it is a mission to get there and back.

I need to sort out some decent lights though!(Although that never stopped me in the past!)
Bugger! Wednesdays are pretty much only regular day I can't do!
"Holmes81" Wrote:I may have been know to stop mid ride and cook up a bacon butty(mess tins and zen burner) on the winter rides.

Regarding the night rides, I am thinking about doing every other Wednesday at either Mereworth or Oldbury.
As good a bbh is it is a mission to get there and back.

I need to sort out some decent lights though!(Although that never stopped me in the past!)

Ditto on the nightrides. BBH loses its appeal in the winter for me, whereas Oldbury is stonkingly dry all year. And the ride I did their last wednesday night was seriously good fun!
Mereworth is right on my doorstep now too (Kings Hill) but I am all too familiar with its muddy attributes come the wet months.
Quote:I am all too familiar with its muddy attributes come the wet months.

It's not that bad, you can go round some of the really muddy parts, or try and plough through the middle!
Might be up for a (slow Wink) Oldbury night ride one Wednesday?