This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first ride off road disaster
went to snodland to the cemetry for my first of road ride and was all prepared thanks to all the help on here bag, drink, tools, puncture repair kit and even a spare inner tube all was going well 1.5 miles of up hill later and im f@@ked but looking forward to the way down! then bike felt wobley at rear and i have a bloody puncture! oh well i thought all part of the fun i will just fix it and be on my way! only in my excitement to ride i have left my rucksack in the van 1.5 miles down the bottom of the hill :'( anyway its not so fun walking back!!!! >Sad
Oh dear!
You're not the first & won't be the last.

I went out with Miss Tinc no 2 on Saturday, got about 3 miles from home when the front punctured.
I figured I'd just get the spare tube & pump from the saddle bag.......... that I'd taken off & left in the garage :B

3 miles is a long way to push a bike with a 3 yr old on board :Smile
Big Grin Big Grin nightmare. I always remember my mate being on a road bike & getting a puncture twenty miles from home, with nothing to repair it with, no money, & just to make it worse road bike spd shoes so he had to walk bare footed until his misses rescued him an hour or so later
Lol. Welcome to the first of many an occasion where the only piece of kit you need is back in the car.
Tinc: I hope you told her she should have gone tubeless rofl  Tongue
At least you didn't do it half way through your 1st lap in a 24hour endurance race.....  I mean, who'd be stupid enough to do that?   :B ??)
"impished" Wrote:At least you didn't do it half way through your 1st lap in a 24hour endurance race.....  I mean, who'd be stupid enough to do that?   :B ??)

:B
You did better than some. Someone I know left their front wheel at home, and only realised when they Goethe bike out of the car to ride.
"General Sparks" Wrote::B

2 of use then.... :B
Yep, punctured in the 1st 500 yards of my first lap at SITS last year with no tools or spares.