This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee ligament injuries
Anyone on here torn a knee ligament?  Not talking about a roll around on the floor scream style complete rupture, but according to the docs, I've torn a knee ligament which is why i've been hobbling around for two weeks

If so, how long were you off the bike for?  The doctor was suitable vague when I asked him and just waffled about MRI scans and xrays
I've got torn Cruciate ligaments in my right knee (the complete rupture, roll around on the floor scream in agony type). I imagine your doctor will be reluctant to give you a healing time frame as its very hard to assess the damage done without an MRI scan - I waited for 6 weeks for one of these on the NHS. Best advice is to take it easy, if there is any swelling then lay off until that has completely disappeared.  If the Doc is offering an MRI and it is causing you grief then take him up on the offer, its always good to get to the route of these problems as they can invariably come back the haunt you if you don't nip them in the bud early on.
A mate damaged his medium knee ligament playing football - was out of all exercise for 10 weeks.
I couldn't walk on it for two days but it's gradually got better over the last couple of weeks.  I can walk on it now but it feels like my knee cap is popping.  Got an appointment for an xray first.  

Most frustrating.  I've a day off and the sun's out
Was it someting you picked up from all that kneeling on the ground fixing puctures?  Wink

Seriously knee probels are hard to diagnose and can need lengthy healing times so I hope all goes well and you are back to fitness soon!
Mine sounds similar.

I hurt mine about xmas last year, used to run, had to stop - (couldnt even think about it), walking was bad enough, cycling - couldnt put any power through right leg.

went to docs, got v-dtrong anti-infammitories, didnt help.  xray showed nothing, wearing tubagrip made it worse.

Had few weeks off bike to try & give it a chance, then tried cycling very very easy, on road only, probably shouldn't have but made me feel better.

Went for an MRI - they said they could see there was damage but that was healing, swelling was pushing the knee cap out & in itself stretching the ligaments round it which again was painful but nothing to do with the 1st injury.

Now 9 - 10 months on I still dont run, wear a tubagrip every ride (not making it worse now as knee cap not being pushed out with swelling)  It still gives me jip now & then, had 2 bad days this week with it due to boogying at the weekend at wedding reception.

I feel your pain - done my head in completely, had to miss few bike events due to mine but able to get about ok now on the bike.
Also watch out when feeling better with stretching.

I done the Dragon ride tis year - sportive in wales - had a great ride, came back 1st in the distance i done, felt great, went to a stretching class they had at the finish, overdone one stretch, "ping" knee hell for another week.
Also have knee issues caused by position on the bike and cleats etc, need to play around with that
"Abzz" Wrote:Was it someting you picked up from all that kneeling on the ground fixing puctures?  Wink

Seriously knee probels are hard to diagnose and can need lengthy healing times so I hope all goes well and you are back to fitness soon!

Going to be hard to get away from all the puncture gags eh!  It was at work.  People always want to run from me, it's getting ridiculous
"JonnyDomino" Wrote:It was at work.  People always want to run from me, it's getting ridiculous
Scum.