This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9sp front mech needed for loan
Hi all,

I need to borrow a 9sp Shimano front mech for the weekend. Is anyone able to help out? Must be one that clamps to the seat tube. Thanks in advance
Size and type?    
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Mr Pinder still has my spares, but you're most welcome to anything there that suits Wink
Top pull low mount I think. Size is less important as I have shims
A Sram mech would work too as cable pull is the same as Shimano on the front mech.

Just noticed mine is a 34 something mm clamp so definitely no good for you.
&quot;pittgoat&quot; Wrote:Top pull low mount I think. Size is less important as I have shims coke cans & old inner tubes

Wink
&quot;Tinc&quot; Wrote:Wink

I used electrical tape for a while on the Inbred, worked a treet Wink
I've got a front mech - dunno what it is but you're more than to take a look and see if its suitable.
Cheers all. Si - can I come over on Friday morning to take a look? Anyone else got something fitting the above description in case it doesn't fit?

Andy - think it is a 34.something seat tube I have