This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insomnia
We raced the Insomnia event at Bedgebury last weekend and had a great time. We entered 2 teams, 1 mixed quads who came first. Amazing considering 2 of the riders have only been in the saddle since the start of the year. 1 has only been riding for 3 months and smashed the solo female solo riders best time ! The other team, us came fifth in the means quads.
The course followed some of the red route in places. There were however new trails, for me anyway which were used and I wonder why these are not used for everyday riding. It was a mixture of fireroad and singletrack and linked up pretty well. The rain during the day turned a few sections into ice rinks but overall it was a good course.
It was however cold at night which was good as it kept you peddling away to stay warm. Overall well worth doing.
Well done to all.

I saw some of your pics on FB and felt a little twinge of I-wish-i'd-done-that-itis after stating that I would never race/endurance again....
The BBQ helped through the night and not taking it seriously. Thanks for the compliment by the way
Well done guys good effort , I think I would fall asleep in a solo one though.....
Well done. I dont know the insomnia course but you no doubt used the xc race course which is to the right of that fireroad climb up from the official car park and is excellent (especially when dry). There are also other bits of singletrack around plus of course tons of fireroads etc away from the main red route.
A few of us did it past year and enjoyed it. we think we placed quite well but sadly the times were mucked up so badly that we never found out.
Well done guys!
"thebaron38" Wrote:We raced the Insomnia event at Bedgebury last weekend and had a great time. We entered 2 teams, 1 mixed quads who came first. Amazing considering 2 of the riders have only been in the saddle since the start of the year. 1 has only been riding for 3 months and smashed the solo female solo riders best time !  

Hi, I was in the only mixed team of 3 and I also smashed the female solo riders fastest lap also, what time did she do? I'm thinking I might do it solo next year myself, as the women solo's were so poor really.
Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Ali.
Well done to all involved

Spare a thought for the poor female solo rider though - she must have spent a lot more time in the saddle than the rest of you Wink
Hmmmm only 1 lap more, and her fastest lap was her first lap, and she had a pace maker with her all the time.
Not sure how many laps I could do, but I reckon I could do better than that. ;D