This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorrick Autumn Classics Rd 1: 16th Oct
2 race series. First one at Tunnel Hill, Surrey. Prob enter the Open category.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gorrick.com/racing/autumn/index.php">http://www.gorrick.com/racing/autumn/index.php</a><!-- m -->

Who's going?
Yes but fun class for me and im going to go back to doing a really slow warm up lap with walking up the hills instead of just a 15 minute thrash as I need longer to warm up
Ill defo be there.  Will do the 3 lap open.
"Having been on Tunnel Hill today prepping the course for next weekend, I must say, your in for a dam good course with Gorrick not been on Tunnel Hill close to 2 years.

Using some new stuff such as "Dave's Delight" it will be a corker, can't wait!

The trails are in great shape!"
How long are the laps and is it Surrey/Swinley type terrain ie sandy rooty
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Laps normally around 30-40 mins each/5-7miles Not sure what terrain is like at Tunnel Hill. Gorrick courses usually quite good though.
Yes rooty swinley sandy type stuff. Laps sometimes shorter than that. You should do at least Open 3 laps Nigel with your fitness. I wont be there if its raining when I wake up I must add.

Looking at the results I raced there in spring 2009, 32 and 34 min laps for me, 15th in fun 10 mins down on the winner. Odd, I also raced there in Autumn 2009! Dont ask me what the place looks like, I guess it has a hill LOL. There was one venue I did which the start was straight up some god awful fire road mountain, maybe it was that one. 16th in that Autumn one, slightly quicker laps, 8 mins down on winner

Edit, found a photo from the spring round, looks perfectly dry

resim
3 cycles uk rider's will be there, unfortunatly i've gotta work now, good luck all
My 'fitness'....   do you mean the fact it takes me an hour and a half just to warm up as i'm so old nothing works for that long!!

Going long is ok for me but these races require xc pace which i lack but i'm tempted.
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
fitness as in you just did the sdw! Do a warm up lap or two, you could enter other classes to do 4 laps etc