This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow
Couldnt make it into work last night, such a shame i couldnt work that night shift.

Really glad i didnt go though because i would have been well and truly stuck in london

Got about 4 inch heres.
"Buzz" Wrote:Got about 4 inch heres.

I have told you to stop telling people about your problem  Tongue

I just managed to get to work this morning and witnessed a few total mad people trying to overtake me. Dont know if i will be able to get home  :o

The snow is very deep here in snowy Dulwich, sarff London.
Only about an inch here. There isnt much snow either. I am amusing myself watching this truck try and get up the hill outside, he's on his 5th attempt now
FFS I need to be out on the bike not stuck at work. My car tax ran out on Saturday so I thought, if im going to plow into someone i should at least be legal so just been out in the car to the post office, excellent fun heh and rather slippery.
This country really is pathetic. One night when we was in Canada we had 4 foot of snow overnight and every train and bus was still on time in the morning, and i think there was just one crash on the highway, but get half an inch here and it's chaos! Now you can harp on about Canada being used to getting lots of snow, but it happens every year, not once in a blue moon. I am really pissed off this time because i am waiting on a new rear axle to be delivered to Downlands, but with the M20 closed there is no chance of it arriving today, and will be apocalyptically angry if it's not here by Wednesday!

Sorry, that was maybe one for the "Rant" section Smile
yes I got a phone call to say the courier had chickened out of coming to get my Pikes to go to TFtuned! Luckily they arent booked in till Friday so should be fine!
"Treehugger" Wrote:This country really is pathetic. One night when we was in Canada we had 4 foot of snow overnight and every train and bus was still on time in the morning, and i think there was just one crash on the highway, but get half an inch here and it's chaos! Now you can harp on about Canada being used to getting lots of snow, but it happens every year, not once in a blue moon. I am really pissed off this time because i am waiting on a new rear axle to be delivered to Downlands, but with the M20 closed there is no chance of it arriving today, and will be apocalyptically angry if it's not here by Wednesday!

Sorry, that was maybe one for the "Rant" section Smile

You have to remember that places like canada and sweden have laws and the correct infrastructure to deal with this as they have to for long periods of time every year. In sweden its a legal requirement to switch to winter tyres on your car at a certain date, the reason so many cars are crashing is because most cars in the uk only have summer tyres on, i know my cars tyres are summer tyres.
Don't forget the complete incompetence of the average uk driver. Most people at my work left at lunch, I stayed till half 2 then made a move. Had one amusing bit up a main road, national limit so you would think it would have been gritted but not much or to late as there was a load of black ice which of course you can't see till you are on it. Had to resort to putting the car sideways on the handbrake whilst simultaneously using the horn in an attempt to get the stationary car in front to move as I wasn't slowing down much with abs which I personally hate, stopped with a metre to spare in the end so no issue. Rest of the journey home was nice and slidey, ice everywhere. Got in and did the only logical thing I could do, went up the woods on the bike  8) photos to follow tomorrow as ive left my usb lead at work. Bike is currently drip drying by the radiator in the kitchen, joys of repelling women and living alone Big Grin
3 bored house mates all off work
resim
resim
resim
It was an interesting drive home from Windsor last night.  About 10-20 miles of the M25 hadn't been gritted at the time and it was carnage.  At one point i saw some headlights and some guy (in a 4x4!!) had spun 180 degrees and was facing me in the middle lane.  ABS was doing its best to prevent me stopping and the traction control was working overtime.  Great fun, but took hours to get home!!

On a snowman related note - this was our effort when we were in Tallinn.  That's me undoing our hard work Wink

EDIT: Vid wouldn't embed for some reason...