This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D2D 2011
Just managed to secure a Team entry into this years D2D next weekend. Had to pay a £10 late fee but at least the weather is looking good this year.

Sketchy at Dawn lives to ride another day   ;D

If anybody else is interetsed you could always drop Frank a email & see if there are still late places available
My lads birthday so no go for me.... would have liked to do it in the dry!!
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Laggingbehind&quot; Wrote:Just managed to secure a Team entry into this years D2D next weekend. Had to pay a £10 late fee but at least the weather is looking good this year.

Sketchy at Dawn lives to ride another day   ;D

If anybody else is interetsed you could always drop Frank a email & see if there are still late places available

Big Grin Big Grin  Sad >Sad :'(
Between the 3 of us we struggled through just over 90miles of Thetford soup in the rain :'(
Raining when we arrived & stopped at 08:30 this morning.
Racing was poor as a result; definatley an enduro.
Those that could endure finished - the rest went to sleep or home.

First 4 miles was all fireroad Sad
There was of course some sweet ST, but by the time I went out on lap 3 it was trashed :'(

On the up side there was plenty of camp ground space & lots of retirees, so that should all improve our standing Undecided

Roll on next year ??)
Sounded lovely!

Have you guys had a dry one at all in the last few years? - Your soupy ST tales seem to happen most years I think!  Sad
nasty, that sounds like pretty tough going, well done to all who completed / attempted it though
Keep it foolish...
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Sounded lovely!

Have you guys had a dry one at all in the last few years? - Your soupy ST tales seem to happen most years I think!  Sad

Sadly not Sad

Thetford in the dry is an amazing place to race at night ;D
The really tight ST with really close trees make it magical/hypnotic.

I think the first 6 or 7 years were dry & the race was becoming super popular for being a dry 12 hour in October.
The cherry popped around D2D 8 & they've been between wet & rediculous ever since.
Last year takes the biscuit so far though.  The unsheltered trails at Highlodge were just trashed Sad
I think that why we had so much fire road this year.  They used High lodge as the base as it has loads of room & facilities, but all the ST used was the other side of the forest at May Day Field.
So we had to get over there, ride the ST & then get back to the arena - I presume the highlodge trails haven't recovered yet.
Well done guys. Much kudos to you for battling on. I'm glad I wasnt there with you though !  :B
We were all teasted by the first lap, the potential for a dry race on fast ST was there had the rain been in our favour & stopped soon.... the fire road to get to the other side would have been worth it as the ST is soo much better.  Unfortunately the rain just got harder & harder & the coarse emptier & emptier.
I'm still getting sand out of my eyes  Big Grin Big Grin
22nd out of 57 in our catagory  ;D
Sounds like it  was pretty swamp tastic so well done to you both for a good result Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been