This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Steve Jobs
Sad news about Steve Jobs :'(

Yes, he created the questionable brilliance of the iTrendy.....

but, if it hadn't been for Apple, we'd be used Microsoft Washing-up Liquid, driving Microsoft TDCi, singing The Microsoft National Anthem, etc, etc, by now...
Agreed - huge loss.  Look fwd to the day they get a cure for this stuff.
I wonder if he will be buried in a really expensive coffin. It'll do the same job as a normal coffin, just look much better.
"redwinnie" Wrote:I wonder if he will be buried in a really expensive coffin. It'll do the same job as a normal coffin, just look much better.

I wonder if we'd have had the advancements in computer science that allow you to type that gibberish if it wasn't for Steve Jobs v
Love or hate Apple, the man was a visionary and set a new technology benchmark against which all other technology is based against. Yeah its expensive, but so is a Mercedes. At the end of the day, he died from cancer, which should happen to no one. Sad times.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Love or hate Apple, the man was a visionary and set a new technology benchmark against which all other technology is based against. Yeah its expensive, but so is a Mercedes. At the end of the day, he died from cancer, which should happen to no one. Sad times.

+1, well said.
Did his life flash before his eyes?

No, flash is incompatible.
Keep it foolish...
Police are treating his death as suspicious now.

They are looking for iwitnesses
This dude died last week and nobody noticed.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Ritchie">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Ritchie</a><!-- m -->

"I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the demigodic party."
    "Usenet is a strange place."
    "UNIX is very simple, it just needs a genius to understand its simplicity."
    "C is quirky, flawed, and an enormous success."
    C has "the power of assembly language and the convenience of... assembly language."

Maybe he should have sold more shiny stuff.
Keep it foolish...
I noticed on the day