This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New bike
Hopefully these attachments have worked. I'm about as skilled with the computer as i am with jumps (shut it Mark/Deadpoole).

At just under 25lbs this is my new ride. Having suffered two pro laspsed discs earlier this year the HT wasn't the best for my ageing spine. Still loved my Stumpjumper but it had to be replaced. It's not that i wanted a new bike i told my other half, no, it's basically a medical necessity, err honest. However being spoilt by the weight of the carbon HT whatever was replacing it had to be light as well or else people would soon realise that it's not me that can go up hills but my bike. So what to get, what to get.

Nigel/Mbnut was on the case like a flash and soon put me onto this frame which was original rrp was £1900 and was on offer for £899. Nice looking bike, good reviews but i always buy black. Current car, previous car, motorbike, Stumpjumper, the list goes on but when the stock went down from 2 available to 1 that got my arse in gear and the overdraft was extended, again. I couldn't see me getting a better frame for the money and the thought of a custom build and thus never meeting anybody with the exact same bike appealed. Then sat down with Nigel and went through all the components i'd need. Was going for SRAM XO at the back and probably X9 everywhere else but like a whispering devil on my shoulder he showed me how the XO came with little blue flashes on it which would match the bike beautifully not to mention the anodised blue Hope hub and seatclamp i could get and before i knew it i had become a bike tart. Still not convinced i had to wear that little skirt you put me in though? XO throughout then. Had a major panic with Chain Reaction as i had 4 separate orders in with them and all on free delivery so unable to track them (stupid stupid stupid) and they were somewhat delayed (still waiting on a saddle and tyre). But they came in the end and so i stopped throwing up every hour or so in nervous anticipation.

Anyhoo it was then down to Cycles Uk in Maidstone as Dean had recently put the headset into Mark/Blackers gucci new rig. After 5 mins chatting to him i decided to let him build up the whole bike as he seems a rarity amongst other bike shop techs in that he's bright, funny, knowledgable but not condescending and a bloody nice bloke as well. Perfect example being to send me a pic on his own phone when the bike was built and then knowing i was still waiting on a saddle coming had just put one on for me and asked i return it when i get the chance.

Have been on a very short run today and very happy so far but it was literally 10 mins so off to Surrey Hills with Mark tomorrow to really see how it performs. My other half has already said "make sure you don't crash and break it" or hurt myself i said? "you'll mend" she replied. Must be love.

My thanks again to Nigel. We didn't exactly stick to the budget i had in mind but then i didn't think i'd end up with a bike this good. All that's needed now is for the rider to get a dam sight better...

Cheers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
That looks lovely and sleek  8)
Wow! That looks so nice. I bet you are a happy man!
Sweet! Looks really nice mate, love all the blue bits Wink Are the forks 150mm Rev's, and what travel is the frame? All you need now is a dropper seat post.
Feeling spongy  :Smile
Sweet.... and came out spot on at 25lbs... bit annoyed I didn't get myself one!
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:Sweet! Looks really nice mate, love all the blue bits Wink Are the forks 150mm Rev's, and what travel is the frame? All you need now is a dropper seat post.

They are second hand forks, 140mm Revs and the frame is 135mm.
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
[drool][/drool]

that is all
Looks good. Only the head angle put me off when I investigated them before, rest is on the ball
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Looks good. Only the head angle put me off when I investigated them before, rest is on the ball

What is the head angle? Looks good to me, I'd guess 68deg. And I'm guessing the manufacturer's figure is with 130mm forks?