This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DH1 - New Downhill Series
As some may of heard, Freecaster want to start a DH race series to run in parallel with the UCI world Cup. It's all pretty exciting and there is an interesting read about it over here.

To sum up, everyone should go and like this facebook page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/DH1.tv">http://www.facebook.com/DH1.tv</a><!-- m -->
The more interest they get from the public the easier it will be to get sponsors for the event. So go and like it, like it now.
Liked already, but I can't see it being as good as surely even if they get all the top riders on board, surely their main focus is gonna be the World Cup with DH1 just a secondary thing for a bit of extra prize money.
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:Liked already, but I can't see it being as good as surely even if they get all the top riders on board, surely their main focus is gonna be the World Cup with DH1 just a secondary thing for a bit of extra prize money.

A lot of extra prize money. Plus as far as viewing is concerned it'll be HD streams. UCI WC is SD only. Some of the teams have asked for this, so really it was the teams that set this in motion and not freecaster. Read the article I linked to.
[quote author=]

A lot of extra prize money. Plus as far as viewing is concerned it'll be HD streams. UCI WC is SD only. Some of the teams have asked for this, so really it was the teams that set this in motion and not freecaster. Read the article I linked to.[/quote]

Cool, yeah hope I am wrong. The SD feed was only just watchable with my rubbish broadband though so I will prob be stuck with SD anyway Sad
No time to read now but if it is race series that offers something different and I don't mean what it is streamed in but maybe courses that are somewhat less pedal dependent then that would be good.
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />