This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customer Service
I think we need one of these threads. (I'm sure there will be a lot of CRC rants in here.)

My story today involves 2 bike shops. The first bike shop is very popular with quite a few people on the forum and I'd like to think that this is just a one off incident but I have a feeling its not.

I went into Biketart after a Barham ride looking for cheap chainguide alternatives after my LG1+ broke. £50+ to replace the bash guard and guide wheel seemed a bit dear. Anyway, I left the shop with a new SS+ bashguard and chain guide.

When I got home and removed the old one I realised that the bike had ISCG old tabs and the new guide was ISCG 05. So on the phone immediately to Biketart who said they'd order an ISCG old version for a swap. 5 days go by before I ring chasing them. I get told they'll chase it up and I ask to be called back to let me know what's going on. Another 4 days go by and still nothing. I ring back to be told they'll check as the Guy dealing with this has the day off. They ring me back and apparently the supplier is out of stock. So now I'm annoyed. 8 days it took for them to tell me they don't have stock and maybe I should ring back Monday to talk about alternatives.

So I head off to my local bike shop, cycles uk Maidstone. Now they don't have to help me out as I didn't buy the guide from them but Dean says he'll see what he can do come Monday. He's just called me to say the supplier does have stock and he'll order one and do a swap. So now I'm even more annoyed with Biketart because it took them 8 days with me chasing to lie to me. I don't think I'll be buying from them again any time soon. Cycles uk Maidstone however are a great example of how to treat customers and seem more than willing to go the extra mile. So massive thank you to Dean who manages the shop for once again proving that there still are people in this industry who know a thing or two about customer service.