This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chain guide advice
My trek scratch has a double with a bash ring up front. Have decided I don't need it. I am planning to go with a single ring. Need advice. Should I buy a chain guide with or without a built in bash plate?
Either of these e13 guides - SS+ or a SRS bud, no bashring guide take a hit from under neath like James's you'll destroy the lower pully

i've had both and fitted both to a lot of bikes and the quality is second to none

Hope you find what you need bud

Regards Dean
"bsa" Wrote:My trek scratch has a double with a bash ring up front. Have decided I don't need it. I am planning to go with a single ring. Need advice. Should I buy a chain guide with or without a built in bash plate?

From my experience running a single ring so far go for a system where the bashguard is mounted to the cranks as a bashring (e.thirteen SRS+) and not to the ISCG tabs as a bash plate (e.thirteen LG1+).
If you do go for one where the bash plate is mounted on the ISCG tabs then don't go for the LG1 type because the guide wheel is attached to the bash plate, and in my case where they have both cracked/broken it's very dear to replace.

Have a look at the Straitline Silent Guide or e.thirteen SRS+ (SS+ cheaper alternative if you're not too weight conscious). The Silent Guide has no moving parts which is kinda cool. The bashring is aluminium though which one review I read said it doesn't bounce off rocks quite as well as the plastic versions.