This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shock pump
hi all.  does anyone have a shock pump that i could borrow on a ride one day as i dont have one and my rear needs pumping up
"chris_tdi" Wrote:hi all.  does anyone have a shock pump that i could borrow on a ride one day as i dont have one and my rear needs pumping up

just pop down to a halfords where you bought the bike and ask them to borrow one,  
yeah prob is nearest halfords is a 15 min drive away n no bike rack
anyone?
"chris_tdi" Wrote:anyone?
cycle  Tongue, or have you got a LBS any closer then that im sure that if all you want to do is pump it up they will be willing to let you borrow one
You can use a normal pump as long as you pump slowly. I know your not supposed to but i had some Air Marzocchi MX Pro for a year and i used a foot pump, and they were fine. See this is why i went for  coil shock, no having to buy another pump and faffing around with shock pressures Wink
i want a coil shock but untill i start getting good use out of my bike im not guna get any bits 4 it
Coil shocks sound good in principle but they will be at least half a pound heavier plus you have barely any adjustment beyond some winding on of preload and a replacement spring will cost anything from £10 2nd hand to £40 odd plus new, with an air shock you put on your pump and adjust accordingly. There is no way I would have a coil shock unless i was doing 5 minute plus downhill runs in the Alps etc when you could get issues with the air ones over heating
"Breezer" Wrote:Coil shocks sound good in principle but they will be at least half a pound heavier plus you have barely any adjustment beyond some winding on of preload and a replacement spring will cost anything from £10 2nd hand to £40 odd plus new, with an air shock you put on your pump and adjust accordingly. There is no way I would have a coil shock unless i was doing 5 minute plus downhill runs in the Alps etc when you could get issues with the air ones over heating
http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_bicycle/bike_index.php

Your kidding! There's enough to tinker with on that to keep me amused for months Wink Click on shox and then DHX 5.
Not kidding but as long as you are happy then its fine as its your bike Smile