This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Woods
Had a quick jaunt through Perry Woods yesterday and saw some new jumps which was good to see. However what was not good to see was rubbish left where the digging had taken place. The usual empty plastic bottles and sweet wrappers were around. Its when I see this I fail to see how anyone can complain about the jumps being flattened! If you build there and leave rubbish what do you expect from Mr and Mrs outraged Daily Mail readers to do? They will complain to the council ! If, and its probably a big if, you are guilty of leaving rubbish, dont. Take a bag and take the crap home !
"thebaron38" Wrote:Had a quick jaunt through Perry Woods yesterday and saw some new jumps which was good to see. However what was not good to see was rubbish left where the digging had taken place. The usual empty plastic bottles and sweet wrappers were around. Its when I see this I fail to see how anyone can complain about the jumps being flattened! If you build there and leave rubbish what do you expect from Mr and Mrs outraged Daily Mail readers to do? They will complain to the council ! If, and its probably a big if, you are guilty of leaving rubbish, dont. Take a bag and take the crap home !

+1, drives me nuts when I see tonnes of crap everywhere. I'm very much anti litter anyway but its even more important at somewhere like Perry, the litter could have been the reason it was all flattened in the first place.
Perry gets flattened every now and again regardless.
Kids leave litter every week, not much you can do except take a bin bag up there and fill it up every few weeks, and I have done this plenty of times.
The sand quarry there will never become a sanctioned mtb spot, I have already had correspondence with the land managers regarding this, so whilst all building is illegal nobody will care and more importantly there is nobody to keep an eye on things.
Perry is what it is, and its not likely to change.
The annoying thing is they can take pic axes and shovels but not a bag ! Baffles me?
the big holes that these so called 'builders' leave behind are the biggest cause for concern, and is the primary reason people complain to the council.

I have been considering complaining about the crap building standards.
I can see that. Just annoyed me, thats all. Reminded me of a Mint Sauce cartoon where he had a nightmare about the woods being trashed by builders. Turned out it wasnt a dream !
Grand designs ! Thats what we need !
we need action! im up for going over whenever to tidy up and sort the trails out, i havent got a car tho so would need a lift with all me tools etc
i second stenchmans motion !!!!! i would be up for a clean up op followed by a ride.
"stenchman" Wrote:we need action! im up for going over whenever to tidy up and sort the trails out, i havent got a car tho so would need a lift with all me tools etc

trails are fine at the moment, I have tools stashed and repair lips/jumps whenever ground conditions are suitable. I often take a black sack and collect crap. There are more and more people going up there these days which is why the litter problem continues to get worse, and why harder sections are being dug out to make them easier. But as long as the council wont sanction it as a legitimate riding spot its not going to get any better.