This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sketchy Wales May 2012 accommodation
We’ve now called round the options for group accommodation in Betws-Y-Coed.  The pick of the bunch for a large group is the Glan Aber where we stayed in 2010.  The options here are either a room in the hotel (singles / twins / triples) at £40 pppn (24 spaces) and room for 18 in the bunkhouse (all twin rooms, most likely not en-suite) at £22 pppn.  All prices include breakfast and are based on a group of us staying over 3 nights.  I appreciate not everyone will make it for 3 nights so I’m sure we can work around it if you only want to stay for 2. It is your choice whether to stay in the hotel or bunkhouse as we'll use both

The dates we are looking at are Friday, Saturday and Sunday the 11, 12, 13th of May returning home on the 14th.

As we are staying in Betwys there is always the option for people to stay nearby if they can find cheaper accommodation or the hotel / bunkhouse is oversubscribed - its not a problem should people want to do this.  

Glan Aber would like a £10 per person non refundable deposit to secure the rooms.  I think a 4 week deadline to get the money to me and secure a room is pretty fair and I’ll operate a first – paid – first served policy for shotgunning single, double, triple or bunkhouse rooms.  I will pay the hotel deposit on the 16th November and anyone who has not paid by then will have to sort their own arrangements, most likely not at the hotel’s group discount rate

I’ll keep this thread updated from time to time with a list of attendees but please let’s not fill it will too much confusing jabber – it’d be good to keep it clear so people can see what’s going on.  There is no need to post up to say you’ve PMed me either – I have notifications set to tell me Wink

To pay your deposit, please PM me and I’ll pass on details
Just to clarify - we should have enough people to stay in both the hotel and the bunkhouse so the choice is up to the individual.  Let me know which you'd prefer when you PM me

Attendees list (thanks for all paying up on time)!

Pittgoat       Hotel
Redwinnie     Hotel
LC (redwinnie+1)     Hotel
BMJBoy     Hotel
Homer J     Hotel
Treehugger     Hotel
Pittgoat +1     Hotel
John B     Hotel
Impished     Hotel
Skid     Hotel
Laggingbehind     Hotel
Baggyshorts     Hotel
Buzz     Hotel
Deadpool2e     Hotel
NotForRoadUse     Hotel
NotForRoadUse +1     Hotel
NotForRoadUse +1     Hotel
Jimmyreload     Hotel
Cacti2     Hotel
DGW15     Hotel
Blackers     Bunkhouse
BenPrince85     Bunkhouse
Leadbasher     Bunkhouse
Stayhigh65     Bunkhouse
Jellylegs     Bunkhouse
MbNut     Bunkhouse
GeneralSparks     Bunkhouse
Treacle     Bunkhouse
Chesnut     Bunkhouse
Dubby-Commencal     Bunkhouse
Longjon     Bunkhouse
Impished +1     Bunkhouse
Tooyoungtoknow     Bunkhouse
Harry94     Bunkhouse
TheBaron38     Bunkhouse
ChrissyD     Bunkhouse
Stayhigh65 +1     Bunkhouse
BenPrince85 +1     Bunkhouse
I may join you so long as those dates aren't Easter as I am useally riding in the lake district then.  However, I won't be needing accomodation.
When I have stayed there I stay in self catering accomodation in a place called Ferndale http://www.coedybrenin.com/.  The accomodation is in the heart of Coed-y-Brenin and is almost at the bottom of the Hermon descent which makes it ideal to ride from. It might work out cheeper for you.

yours

Aidan
"NC30" Wrote:I may join you so long as those dates aren't Easter as I am useally riding in the lake district then.  However, I won't be needing accomodation.
When I have stayed there I stay in self catering accomodation in a place called Ferndale http://www.coedybrenin.com/.  The accomodation is in the heart of Coed-y-Brenin and is almost at the bottom of the Hermon descent which makes it ideal to ride from. It might work out cheeper for you.

yours

Aidan

Hope you can make it!  We went with Betwys for accommodation as there is a lot of choice in the local area and its convenient for a range of trails rather than just Coedy.  And there are plenty of pubs nearby... Smile  That said its no problem if people want to join us and stay elsewhere!
We have a total of 36 now smashing the previous Sketchy trip record!  Thanks to everyone who has paid up already

For those that haven't paid and those that still want to sign up - only a week to go before the deadline!

Spaces are still available in the hotel and bunkhouse  8)
Final payment day is tomorrow and spaces are still available!  So far I have Laggingbehind down to stay for 2 nights (Fri+Sat) and everyone else for 3.  Could anyone that isn't staying for all 3 nights let me know ASAP please
Deposit has now been spent in the pub paid to the Glan Aber.  With the numbers we have (38 ) we have gone for the full bunkhouse (18 spaces) and 20 places in the hotel.  There are some twin and triple rooms that we'll have to sort out occupation of but it should be pretty straightforward.  Note that bunkhouse occupants will need their own towels unless they want to hire them

If anyone else wants to join the trip the hotel do still have a couple of spare twin and triple rooms.  The number is 01690 710325 and if you mention you are part of the trip you may get the reduced group rate.  There is other accommodation in the immediate area too
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is heading back on Sunday that wants to share a lift? I'm happy to drive but wouldn't mind a bit of fuel money Wink

Cheers

John
Morning all

For anyone that hasn't signed up - there is still a chance for you to join us!  I have one or two spaces from cancellations so please PM me for details if you'd like to fill one of them
Can those in the know put together some kind of itinerary for the 3/4 days?

I'm eager to know where we're going to be pushing riding our bikes on what day. Also, does anyone know if there's an uplift in North Wales anywhere?