This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oldbury Saturday 22 October. Meet 9am
Does anybody want to join myself, Yankee and Treehugger for a ride tomorrow? 9am meet in the car park off Styants Bottom Road.
What time do you think you guys will finish? Not ridden Oldbury yet so it would be great but time could be a little bit tight due to other things...  Undecided
I don't mind meeting earlier if necessary. What time you got to be home Ben? Oh and sent you a PM.
I absolutely have to be done riding by 11:45.  Blackers is aware of this, so we will be back near the car park by then.  It's easy to add a few more miles back at Oldbury if wanted.

Regarding start time, maybe we should say we have a firm departure time of 9, rather than meet at 9?
9am set off then. let's go break some speed records!  ;D
Well I don't think we set any speed records, more like winch up every hill in first gear as I was in agony every time I tried to pedal hard, fooking back >Sad  Got an ostiopath appointment at 9 on Monday to get it looked at. Thanks for the ride though guys, I enjoyed the flat and downhill bits Wink
It was a good ride despite me and Andy coughing up our lungs.  We did a bit of exploring, and took a route that was quite different from usual.

It was also nice to try Blacker's "Cheater Bike" for 10 minutes.  I went from being the slowest to being at the front while on his bike.  Definitely cheating.  Now I just need to find some money so I can cheat too.
it was fun though. I'm making the most of being quicker than you uphill Andy.
Don't bother with an Osteopath. Go shout at your doctor and get some physio. Osteopathy is in my opinion and experience pointless and dangerous.
"Blackers" Wrote:it was fun though. I'm making the most of being quicker than you uphill Andy.
Don't bother with an Osteopath. Go shout at your doctor and get some physio. Osteopathy is in my opinion and experience pointless and dangerous.

Well he fixed me pretty quick before, and it seems to be the same old problem. If it dosn't get better soon then i'll start shouting at the doc.
"Blackers" Wrote:Don't bother with an Osteopath. Go shout at your doctor and get some physio. Osteopathy is in my opinion and experience pointless and dangerous.

Can - worms etc...  Osteopaths are trained much more highly that physios.  You get good and bad ones of both though

Glad you all had a good ride.  I'm jealous!  Thanks for passing the bits on Blackers.  I do still want those lever / shifters for my commute bike by the way!