This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ribs
It seems like I have damaged or broken some ribs when some thing stopped my front wheel dead at about 20 mph last sat night and I went straight over tha bars into the ground face/chest first. My lip/knees and right hand are nearly ok my my ribs are playing up big time and and at times I seem to have heard a clicking sound from my chest during this week.
I have been at work all week and driving in and I am wondering if I should stay off the bike till I am pain free or just give if a few weeks and then try riding and see how I feel.
I rode with hurty ribs for quite a while. Just try not to fall off again because that'll really hurt! Deadpool2e also rode with hurty ribs, as did Treehugger. There's not much you can do about it and it's ultimately up to you whether it keeps you off the bike or not.
[quote="]I rode with hurty ribs for quite a while. Just try not to fall off again because that'll really hurt! Deadpool2e also rode with hurty ribs, as did Treehugger. There's not much you can do about it and it's ultimately up to you whether it keeps you off the bike or not.[/quote"]

Yep definitely don't fall off again, the pain is indescribable! Prob not a good idea to ride if you think it is broken, as there is a danger of it puncturing a lung if you come off again. Also I couldn't take deep breaths for ages, which isn't ideal in a sport that requires maximum use of your lungs. Go to the docs and insist on an X-ray so you know if its definitely broken or not. It was pretty obvious with me as I have a big lump.