This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Marco Simoncelli
Very sad, he had the potential to take Rossi's mantle and ride the foot pegs off his bike next year. Second Motorsport loss in a week.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Sad
he did have a lot of crashes and accidents earlier this season
Tragic, heard about it from someone at Bedgebury today. Sounds similar to Tomizawa from last year, cant imagine what Rossi/Edwards are going through either emotionally...
Fairly unpleasant incident, his lid came off...
Ciao Super Sic. RIP.
So, Rossi definately hit him. Apparently may have run over his neck. Think he was a goner anyway. My dad questioned whether he had the right size helmet on due to his hair... Could of gone a different way if that's the case?
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:So, Rossi definately hit him. Apparently may have run over his neck. Think he was a goner anyway. My dad questioned whether he had the right size helmet on due to his hair... Could of gone a different way if that's the case?

He died from massive head. neck and abdomen trauma, to be honest I think his lid probably did its job just before it popped off, but even so, as proved as Brands Hatch not too long ago, even if the lid stays on it doesnt always save your life. I cant imagine what Rossi and Edwards must be feeling, no chance to avoid or even react properly. You could tell when Rossi was returning to the pits he was in a bad place he was all over the track, nearly went over the grass on one corner. As for hair I assume that would just be thinner internal padding rather than a bigger size?
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon