This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Gloves
My old mtb gloves have had it and I need a new pair now it's getting a bit cold. Just looked at Chainreaction, the choice is huge and it's not easy to pick out a pair that's suitable, so I thought I'd ask for opinions here.

I may be asking too much here, but I'm after gloves that are warm, resist water and wind, and have good padding to protect my soft office hands. Lightly armoured would be nice, but not essential and somewhere to wipe my nose would be good!

That is all.
waterproofed winter gloves feel way to bulky in my opinion. I've always just used my normal long fingered gloves and tried very hard to keep my hands dry.
I have some Altura (or possibly Endura) winter gloves, but I can't locate them on Wiggle or CRC which is a bugger.
SealSkins are well rated, http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mens/sealskinz/?...gloves&o=1 should be MTB Mens only.

Whatever you get, also worth grabbing a pair of silk glove liners too, they act like a base layer for your hands & make a useful difference when it gets stupid cold.
Cheers gents, should have also said these are mainly for my commute to work, so toasty hands are more important than feel through the bars.
Endura Strike

I have these. Find them brilliant in the winter! Even for trail riding although they are obvious bulkier than summer gloves.

I got mine from The Hub in Sandgate and they look a bit different to the ones on CRC, must be the same though Smile
Nice on eMatt, damn good price too! Sure mine were <>£40!
&quot;Jay Dubster&quot; Wrote:Nice on eMatt, damn good price too! Sure mine were <>£40!

Really?! I dont think I paid more than £30 for mine a year ago.

Strange though as I only found them on CRC after I googled them, could find them on CRC itself  Undecided
I bought some waterproof gloves in Wales for under 20 quid.... can't remember what they are though... Big Grin
Thanks for your input gents, just got to wait for delivery now  Smile
What did you go for? Smile