This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noisy XTR rear derailleur?
i have a new bike and the xtr rear derailleur is very noisy i found a link on another forum with the same problem and at the bottom of the page is a picture and that is how my one is set up is it wrong?? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-shifters-derailleurs-cranks/noisy-xtr-m972-rear-derailleur-639033.html">http://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-shift ... 39033.html</a><!-- m -->
look at that pic again, half way down the 'leg' there is a kink in the chain where it runs the wrong side of a metal lug. does yours do this?  
Keep it foolish...
Yes exactly the same
Split the chain and put it through the mech correctly. Problem solved. There should be a quick link on the chain if not chain breakers are quite cheap.

I laced the chain up like this on Treacles XX mech when it broke in a race as I was in a hurry, oops  :B Made horrendous noises.
straight line, no kinks

resim
Keep it foolish...
and the answer is on the forum you got the pic from, you troll
Keep it foolish...
&quot;alkali&quot; Wrote:and the answer is on the forum you got the pic from, you troll

yea but was not sure weather that pic was the fixed pic or the one before he fixed but now i know  cheers  Wink
&quot;General Sparks&quot; Wrote:Split the chain and put it through the mech correctly. Problem solved. There should be a quick link on the chain if not chain breakers are quite cheap.

I laced the chain up like this on Treacles XX mech when it broke in a race as I was in a hurry, oops  :B Made horrendous noises.

...or split the mech....
&quot;MudMonkey&quot; Wrote:...or split the mech....

Now you mention it that is how I corrected rich's. Good point.
&quot;General Sparks&quot; Wrote:Now you mention it that is how I corrected rich's. Good point.

And much easier.