This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calf Muscle Tear?
Going through the mill a bit here, can anyone shed any light on this quite painful niggle...

I have a shooting/sharp pain running along the outer side of my right calf - its very prescise in location, about 6" long.

A mate suggested it was shin-splints, but I always thought thats along the very front of the (der) shin, but he explained its related if tearing a muscle there.

Anyone got any ideas/similar experience on how to resolve. Ive been trying to walk it off, walking approx 3 miles per day, and also walking a fair bit playing golf, but no luck.

It doesnt hurt when cycling.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Going through the mill a bit here, can anyone shed any light on this quite painful niggle...

I have a shooting/sharp pain running along the outer side of my right calf - its very prescise in location, about 6" long.

A mate suggested it was shin-splints, but I always thought thats along the very front of the (der) shin, but he explained its related if tearing a muscle there.

Anyone got any ideas/similar experience on how to resolve. Ive been trying to walk it off, walking approx 3 miles per day, and also walking a fair bit playing golf, but no luck.

It doesnt hurt when cycling.

What did your doctor say? I seem to recall that shin splints are related to impact so walking would not help. But never mind what I think. Go see your doctor.
And as riding doesn't cause pain get riding
Smile
S1 Nerve also serves that area... any foot numbness, thigh pain, pack pain?
"MudMonkey" Wrote:S1 Nerve also serves that area... any foot numbness, thigh pain, pack pain?

No, none of that fortunatly.