This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out On A Ride ....
ok managed to get out on a quick 2 hour blast round the local warren, and thought i would snap a few pictures as you do, unfortunatly not many girls like to go jogging around there so i expect most if not all the male members to have lost attention by about now ..

My Bike
resim

3 Inchs Of Solid Ice :|

resim

How does this set of stairs compare to BBH ? As after the picture i found the balls to ride them all the way down  ;D
resim
Firstly, is my tax money paying for you to ride on a school day? Secondly, no idea on the steps but good going as they look lethal with the ice mush etc!
"Breezer" Wrote:Firstly, is my tax money paying for you to ride on a school day? Secondly, no idea on the steps but good going as they look lethal with the ice mush etc!

Indeed it is  Wink the truth is its not, wednesdays i have off as a games period where i go and do what i love best  ;D

suprisingly i didnt slip out once on the mush and ice  :o obviously its not because of my skill just the new bike :B
"Breezer" Wrote:Firstly, is my tax money paying for you to ride on a school day? Secondly, no idea on the steps but good going as they look lethal with the ice mush etc!

Apparently the schools and colleges only close because if they clear the ice away, and you have an accident, you can sue them.
If they do nothing, and you have an accident, your buggered.

So, they wait for the conditions to become much less dangerous, and voila, problem solved.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Apparently the schools and colleges only close because if they clear the ice away, and you have an accident, you can sue them.
If they do nothing, and you have an accident, your buggered.

So, they wait for the conditions to become much less dangerous, and voila, problem solved.

unfortunatly our school was only closed monday  >Sad everywhere else closed but our school open, so anyone got anything to say about the stairs are they worse/easier then BBH was quite chuffed with myslef actually Tongue
Not wishing to dampen your parade but the BBH steps are much steeper, especially towards the bottom. I can't wait to try that on a full suss ;D

Oh and can i suggest tilting your saddle downwards, as at that angle it is putting a lot of pressure on your perineum, which causes....erm...numb bolloks. If you always ride like that it could also effect their function too! Ideally the top should be level with the bike on a level surface. There are some saddles where they have to be at strange angles, but yours isn't one of them.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Not wishing to dampen your parade but the BBH steps are much steeper, especially towards the bottom. I can't wait to try that on a full suss ;D

Oh and can i suggest tilting your saddle downwards, as at that angle it is putting a lot of pressure on your perineum, which causes....erm...numb bolloks. If you always ride like that it could also effect their function too! Ideally the top should be level with the bike on a level surface. There are some saddles where they have to be at strange angles, but yours isn't one of them.

it has already been done  Big Grin, after getting numb balls i thought that it had something to do with the saddle so its flatened out now

I to cant wait to have my first go at the BBH stairs as last time we went down them i was quite literally lifeless  :B
"Treehugger" Wrote:Not wishing to dampen your parade but the BBH steps are much steeper, especially towards the bottom. I can't wait to try that on a full suss ;D

The full suss wont make you lean back though  Tongue which you constantly forget to do even with my constant nagging  Tongue

Having your saddle like that also causes bad backs as your not supporting your tailbone.
"Buzz" Wrote:The full suss wont make you lean back though  Tongue which you constantly forget to do even with my constant nagging  Tongue
I know i know :B  I was OK last time in Swinley, but in Surry i just had a total mare :B

Steve- You don't ride with it in that gear do you? That's a good way of breaking a chain and bending teeth.
Chain position looks fine to me, correct length presuming its in 1st at the back, minimum slack etc, sideways load a bit high as at the extremes but its designed for it although I think they will be pushing it with 10 speed as the chains will be even narrower and there will just be even more overlapping of gears.