This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightweight forks
In the world of lightweight forks, are SIDs still the ones to go for?  I have a reasonable appreciation of the Fox and RS ranges, what else is out there that I should consider?

Requirements are 120mm travel, 1 1/8 steerer and a preference for a 15mm axle.  Oh and ideally white

Favourites so far are these at 1490g (quoted)
SIDS seem to be pretty strong of late. Relatively speaking of course. Rebas aren't much heavier (+200g roughly) but apparently are a fair bit stiffer. Depends what the bike is though as to whether a bit of fork flex is a concern.

Cant wait to find out what the bike is going to be! Sadly not a 29er  Sad
I was eyeing these up also. Also available on OnOne, £399 for the 100mm versions.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
I have those on my HT with tapered steerer.  They are fine, no issues.  Quite like rockshox tbh.
Nick- AFAIK SIDS are 100mm only, and if they are for the race project you were telling me about last week you really dont want to go less than 120. There was word of Fox doing a lightweight race fork with titanium crown and steerer but not sure if they ever released it. DTswiss used to do forks with carbon lowers, but again not sure if they are still available.
Click his link Andy....lots of Sids available in 120mm  :Smile

Latest ones have same stanchion diameter as rebas, make sure you get blackbox ones, cheapest are only motion control. Dont bother with fox's as need servicing 3 times a ride.

The 2012 Velvets will be in the uk mid to late Dec, fractionally heavier but a lot cheaper
"Treehugger" Wrote:Nick- AFAIK SIDS are 100mm only, and if they are for the race project you were telling me about last week you really dont want to go less than 120. There was word of Fox doing a lightweight race fork with titanium crown and steerer but not sure if they ever released it. DTswiss used to do forks with carbon lowers, but again not sure if they are still available.

Click the link ! SIDS are up to 120mm.
Oops didn't scroll down :B
"Treehugger" Wrote:Oops didn't scroll down :B

Did you like my Breezer impression?  Wink
"Blackers" Wrote:Did you like my Breezer impression?  Wink

I had to double take, thought you was Breezer!

SID's seem the way to go then Nick.