This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible new bike?
having just got a stumpy 2009 elite and selling my old stumpy and making a couple of hundred pound was looking at getting a new stumpy comp 2011 do you think the 2011 comp is better than the 2009 elite as i cant afford the 2011 elite! is the 2011 a better bike?
Big Grin just ride your bike!
Thats what I was going to say Big Grin
"Blackers" Wrote:Big Grin just ride your bike!

+1
i will thursday hopefully  Wink
Agreed I think you are thinking "bike dealer" rather than "bike rider"  Its good to get used to one bike and get the most out of it before moving on Chunk, a better bike doesnt always make you a better rider (specially if so similar as two Stumpys).
I dont know the spec of the bikes but one thing to remember is that as the resession hit in 2010 and value of the dollar dropped in Asia where they and the components are made, many of the bikes in makers ranges only  maintained their price level by de-specifying the running gear, so your 2009 Elite will most likely have better running gear than a 2011 comp!