This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone recomend me a decent mp3 player?
I'm fed up with the crap sound sound quality of my phone so want to get a decent stand alone player. The Cowan players get good reviews and am thinking of the Cowan J3, but looked in what hi-fi earlier and this one got top marks, and they do a 16gb one which is cheaper too. Dose anyone have either of these, and if so what do you think?
Sansa Clip. small, cheap, sounds great. And its not made by Apple.
"Blackers" Wrote:Sansa Clip. small, cheap, sounds great. And its not made by Apple.
Will have a looksee. Oh and forgot to say a absolutely 100% do not want an ipod!
I'd budget for decent headphones if sound quality is what you're after.
Ah the Sansa Clip dosnt have enough memory, am after 16gb at the very least, idealy 32gb so I can put every album on it. I like the idea of the Cowan J3 as it uses removable memory cards so could get a 4gb and use my current 8gb cards till I can get a decent 32gb card, and they all seem to rave about its sound processing. Its ultimate sound quality I am after, not really bothered about any other features as I can do all that on my phone.
"General Sparks" Wrote:I'd budget for decent headphones if sound quality is what you're after.

I got some Phonak Audeo PFE 012's during thd week which have got 5 star reviews, and has highlighted how crap the phone is and why I now want a decent player.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Ah the Sansa Clip dosnt have enough memory, am after 16gb at the very least, idealy 32gb so I can put every album on it. I like the idea of the Cowan J3 as it uses removable memory cards so could get a 4gb and use my current 8gb cards till I can get a decent 32gb card, and they all seem to rave about its sound processing. Its ultimate sound quality I am after, not really bothered about any other features as I can do all that on my phone.

Ultimate sound quality can not be achieved with an MP3 as its compressed which as a trade off reduces the sound quality.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Ah the Sansa Clip dosnt have enough memory, am after 16gb at the very least, idealy 32gb so I can put every album on it. I like the idea of the Cowan J3 as it uses removable memory cards so could get a 4gb and use my current 8gb cards till I can get a decent 32gb card, and they all seem to rave about its sound processing. Its ultimate sound quality I am after, not really bothered about any other features as I can do all that on my phone.

That's the beauty of the Clip. you can stick a huge microsd card in it to give you lots of storage space.
I haven't read the Andy's career thread but i'm guessing it has gone well and you have landed a job as a banker....   £350 on a MP3 set up....   where did I go wrong????????????????????
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:I haven't read the Andy's career thread but i'm guessing it has gone well and you have landed a job as a banker....   £350 on a MP3 set up....   where did I go wrong????????????????????

Most likely an excellent point well made.