This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydration pack...
I think the time has come for my (now a bit smelly) backpack to be recycled into something new and shiny....

Anybody got recomendations for a small/medium capacity back-pack with bladder that's not gonna cost the same as a new bike?
I love to predictable  ;D
Decathlon is great for these. their hydration boarders are basic but cheap and sturdy too. last time I was there they had one which looked a lot like Nigels wingnut which was nice and cheap.
Pick one up when you next drop in for your beginners archery kit and 3 man kayak.
"Blackers" Wrote:I love to predictable  ;D
Decathlon is great for these. their hydration boarders are basic but cheap and sturdy too. last time I was there they had one which looked a lot like Nigels wingnut which was nice and cheap.
Pick one up when you next drop in for your beginners archery kit and 3 man kayak.

+1

Had one of these then fancied one of the Camelbak Mules that everyone raves on about, I wish I just saved my money and stuck with the Decathlon one...
I've had a Tog24 hydropack for about 3 years now, 1.5L bladder & 7.5L storage.
Enough to hold pump, repair kit & tools in side pocket, plus tube, first aid kit, base layers & big bag of wine gums in the main pack.

Been a brilliant solid little bag, even survived snowboarding without a glitch, £25 from ashford outlet centre.
http://www.estore.tog24.com/accessories/...kpack.html

Decathlon ones look pretty good too, and £15-25 is rockin value!!
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/bottles-water...16_16.html
Jay. Do you find 1.5l big enough? I get through 2l pretty quickly in the summer. I ran out on a couple of our 20 milers.
The absolute best are Osprey Raptors, the bladder system in particular is way better than any of the other manufacturers offerings.
Depends on my fitness & the weather tbh mate.
It's rare I'll empty the thing unless it's roasty toasty & I'm out for hours, but my biggest ride's usually 2 hours these days, it's fine for that.

Osprey's look good Sailor, but fairly pricey with it, but cheaper than the equiv cameltoe I guess.
[quote="]The absolute best are Osprey Raptors, the bladder system in particular is way better than any of the other manufacturers offerings.[/quote"]

I should bloody hope so at that price! we used an Osprey case on put trip and its still in stunning condition considering how many flights, buses and boat trips it endured. not to mentioned being wheeled up and down hundreds if miles of dirt track. great kit.
I have a Camelbak Mule which is still serving me great, and its had some abuse since I joined the sport.

The resevoir itself is very good, but at 3l is too big IMHO. Carrying 3l on your back is unconfortable, and would only be necessary on a reall epic ride (something I dont do anyway!)  Tongue

Look for something 2l max, but with good zips on.

You cant go wrong with Camelbak products as they do last and are well thought out.
"Jay Dubster" Wrote:Depends on my fitness & the weather tbh mate.
It's rare I'll empty the thing unless it's roasty toasty & I'm out for hours, but my biggest ride's usually 2 hours these days, it's fine for that.

Osprey's look good Sailor, but fairly pricey with it, but cheaper than the equiv cameltoe I guess.

fairly pricey yea but you get what you pay for, and when you consider all the additions over the competition its worth the extra. The magnetic hose clip and easy fill reservoir are worth the extra alone, not to mention all the other stuff.