This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wii console plus Wii fit plus extras
Can post pics if needed. Wii console with two controllers + nunchucks. rubber covers, golf, baseball and tennis controller adapters. Console in box.

Wii fit board plus game.

Games;
Mario KART WII
Mario and sonic at the Olympics
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 return
No More Heroes

BARGAIN !!!!!
£110 collected ?
£80 ?, last change before Ebay, bargain
Gonna show my ignorance in all things games console now :B
Can anyone explain how these connect to the telly.

We have a projector & screen. Systems that require some feedback from a reflective surface don't work.
I presume that's what the little widget does on top of the telly.

I'm also a bit concerned we'd gets in our own way ;D
"Tinc" Wrote:Gonna show my ignorance in all things games console now :B
Can anyone explain how these connect to the telly.

We have a projector & screen. Systems that require some feedback from a reflective surface don't work.
I presume that's what the little widget does on top of the telly.

I'm also a bit concerned we'd gets in our own way ;D

The wii uses a little IR bar that sits infront of the screen to work out where it's looking...
Yep what Ade said, I've seen Wii being used with plenty of projector set ups.

OT, but what projector have you got?
It's an "InFocus", they make Toshiba units.
That won't make any difference though Wink

Is the IR bar connected by a clever cable or something easily extended?

Can anybody advise how this compares with a Kinnect?
We have an Xbox 360 already.

I'm sorry to be so out of date, these things hold little interest for me, but I need to make sure the little ones are almost up to date :B
The cable is pretty long, I'm afraid this is now sold pending payment though.

check out some you tube vids about Wii game play and xbox kinect, I haven't played on kinect so don't know.

Re the sensors, as long as you can put it some where in front of where you will play at about shoulder ish height I'm sure it would run fine on projectors
The bar is connected to the console via quite a long cable so you shouldnt have any reach issues, not sure whether you can buy extensions.

Kinnect doesn't use a controller, essentially you are the controller, whereas the Wii has a controller, and some games require an attachment you then hold in the other hand.

Kinnect is much more up to date, but the Wii will cost you a lot less and frankly is still great fun!
Thanks guys.

I'll have to do some more research as I'm a bit concerned on a few fronts.

Firstly our projector & screen are about 10m cable run apart.  The console needs to be local to the projector & the sensor bar in front of the screen.

Secondly, will the Wii sensors or the kinnect cameras work well with a serously bright light shining an there general direction.

Lastly, will we actually get in our own picture when we are "leaping about" Undecided

Bike's are sooo much simpler 8)
"Tinc" Wrote:Thanks guys.

I'll have to do some more research as I'm a bit concerned on a few fronts.

Firstly our projector & screen are about 10m cable run apart.  The console needs to be local to the projector & the sensor bar in front of the screen.

Secondly, will the Wii sensors or the kinnect cameras work well with a serously bright light shining an there general direction.

Lastly, will we actually get in our own picture when we are "leaping about" Undecided

Bike's are sooo much simpler 8)

I have a Wii you can borrow over Xmas if you want Tinc, I dont use it and its tucked away in the box at the moment (probably should sell it...  Wink)
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon