This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin help
Dunno whether I've posted this in the correct thread thingy, but I'm sure someone will move it if needed.

Anyhow my issue.

I came off the bike several weeks ago and managed to loose the SD card cover, I phoned Garmin UK several times and told them of my situation, each time they said they'll 'send one out for free'. Woohoo, thinks I, but alas no cover appeared - I'm not holding out much hope with Garmin.

The people at Garmin have recommended I don't use my GPS 'as water ingress my damage the unit' - so I'm not able to record/follow any data at present.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I can maybe get one of these?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help
A bit of black gaffer tape?
Silicon Sealant for the moment? Maybe with said gaffa tape over top to be doubly sure!
"Jay Dubster" Wrote:Silicon Sealant for the moment? Maybe with said gaffa tape over top to be doubly sure!

+1 Jay beat me to it. Keep nagging Garmin and tell them you will put a post on national bike forums about their bad customer service if they don't do something.
You have the 705 right?  You can borrow my SD card cover until you can source a replacement as I'm not using it
"pittgoat" Wrote:You have the 705 right?  You can borrow my SD card cover until you can source a replacement as I'm not using it

Cheers for that Mr Goat - I'll pull your arm off for that offer.

Cheers  everyone - went out last night and the gaffer/electriacl tape idea did the trick. Still really, really want the cover though - damn you Garmin! (insert waving fist in angry fashion smiley)
Just to round this off - I got home from work today to find a letter from Garmin containing an SD card and USB covers and an apology note explaining the delay.

The USB cover was a little fiddely to replace but otherwise okay.

I take back everything I said about Garmin.

Once again thanks for eveyone's help and suggestions - mucho appreciated.
Great news Si, and you got a new card into the bargain *whoop whoop*