This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smudge XML light
Morning All

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/4.html">http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/4.html</a><!-- m -->

I brought this light about two months ago and have been more then happy with it.  Its gives a good quality beam which chucks out a nice amount of light across the trail.  Its well put together and very bright.  Here are some beam shots:

resim
Low beam by stayhigh65, on Flickr

resim
Medium beam by stayhigh65, on Flickr

resim
Full beam by stayhigh65, on Flickr

The battery seems to last for ages, I tend to get a good 7 to 10 hours on a combination of high/mid/low before I think about charging it and a full recharge takes about 4 hours.  On full beam I get just over 3 hours but quite often find medium sufficient.

When I first got the light the battery was fully charged which was nice but I ran into trouble when I first used the charger.  When I plugged it in there was a popping noise, the light went out and it wouldnt charge.

When I emailed Smudge about this he sent out a new charger straight away and that arrived in a couple of days time.  The new charger worked without any problems and has been faultless since.  

I know that you can order similar for cheaper from HK however Smudge was a pleasure to deal with and I'm happy to recomend this light and Smudge to anyone Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
For anyone that doesnt know of him, he has provided batteries to the STW crew and Trout(lights) in particular for quite a few years so knows his stuff, he has now branched out into lights as well.
So what is the difference between these and a magic shine then, cos they look very similar.
Pass. It looks like the old magicshine but with an XML in it so perhaps he just does the upgrade himself. The new Magicshines look different although you can still get these older P7 ones I believe
Think I'm gonna dip my hand in my life-savings and get one of these....
I've noticed lately, that my light (when I remember to take it :B) is pants compared to the MagicShine, etc that most are using now...
Those £20 inc batteries and charger XML torches off ebay are pretty good. Normal OTT lumens claims like all Magicshines etc, somewhere between med and high compared to my XPG Lumicycle (which goes higher on boost) but for £20 cant complain, probably not far off an old Hope 4 thing.
&quot;impished&quot; Wrote:Think I'm gonna dip my hand in my life-savings and get one of these....
I've noticed lately, that my light (when I remember to take it :B) is pants compared to the MagicShine, etc that most are using now...

It really is a very good light and I find it plenty bright enough when I'm out on the trails.  For £67 you cant go wrong for a light with a sensible battery in a weatherproof pack, UK plug and a UK warranty.

;D
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been