This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20T or 22T Granny Ring for SLX Chainset
Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a 20 tooth inner chain ring for a 4 bolt SLX chainet? Im hoping it will cure both my chainsuck issues and be cheaper than going 10 speed (29er gear issues dont you know).

Extra points if anybody can find me a blue one!

Cheers
e.thirteen do single rings in fantastic colours ;-)
[quote="]e.thirteen do single rings in fantastic colours ;-)[/quote"]

The woman has wrestled the netbook from me now. do they do a 20t though?
"Blackers" Wrote:The woman has wrestled the netbook from me now. do they do a 20t though?

The e.thirteen one is for single ring only setups.
resim
Well after today I reckon I could have a crack at the single ring malarkey. but I need to at least have a double as grinding up hills in a big gear is just stupid.
You're not likely to cure chain suck with a smaller granny ring.

Unless 29ers have different chain suck to everyone else Undecided
No bike setup right with non worn gears has chainsuck
"Tinc" Wrote:You're not likely to cure chain suck with a smaller granny ring.

Unless 29ers have different chain suck to everyone else Undecided

Big Grin new chain ring is to replace the worn one. making it smaller is to get me up the hills easier without going 10 speed...which is the only logical way to get a 36t on the back. the current 22t 34t is not quite getting me up the steep as I want.
Right answer ;D

I think you're going to struggle to find a 4 bolt 20T ring, let alone a blue one.....
There's a lot of discussion about this issue & those that want 20T all seem to switch to other cranksets.

It'll be easier to get stronger legs Wink
"Tinc" Wrote:Right answer ;D

I think you're going to struggle to find a 4 bolt 20T ring, let alone a blue one.....
There's a lot of discussion about this issue & those that want 20T all seem to switch to other cranksets.

It'll be easier to get stronger legs Wink

You could be right. I've destroyed a few climbs recently so maybe I should stick with 22t.

So...recommendations for a good strong 22t 4 bolt in whatever colour?