This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple mac guru required
Evening all,
I'm after some Mac info as I know nothing at all about Macs.

I was given a mac with the install discs - yay! I then went to reformat and reinstall the OS using the discs provided. Anyhow making a short story long, I went ahead with the reinstallation and only yo realise the 2nd disc had a scratch, so what does this mean I hear you cry - it means I'm stuck in limbo as the mac is now asking for disc two to complete the install.

I'm after OS X install disc 2. Mac OS version 10.4.6 AHT ver 3A104. I've found a set of discs but the Mac OS version is 10.4.8 will these be compatable with a macbook 1.1?

Thanks in advance for any help
In theory yes.
Try doing a search for "can I run Snow Leopard on my mac 1.1" or similar for full techy advice.
just to clarify Snow Leopard is OS 10
yours i think will be Tiger
the very latest is Lion but Im pretty sure that isnt compatible, however thats moot anyway.
I had my face painted as a panther once.  Does that help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Was that for your 10th BD Nick? :p
== edit ==     man you need to sort your sleep pattern out, that post was 3am !!

Simon, power up with the new disk 1 in (from the 10.4.8 set) and you should be able to install from scratch again.
Good luck fella.
I cant help you with your question Si but my new I4 has just arrived Smile
Mr Goat, that picture is really really creepy!

"mashley" Wrote:I cant help you with your question Si but my new I4 has just arrived Smile

Jealous!
luckily ive got an IT dept to help me set it up otherwise id be posting up for help here too  :B
Our friend Google has just turned up this useful info:
Quote:"Can I install Mac OS X Snow Leopard on my MacBook 1.1?
Sudheer Ranga asked on October 26, 2011
I bought a MacBook 1.1 a week back. It runs Tiger but I need to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard on it. I know this MacBook doesn’t support Lion but I need to know whether I can install Snow Leopard  on it."

Yes, your MacBook will run Snow Leopard. But you probably want to upgrade the stock RAM of 512MB to at least 1GB or better 2GB (maximum supported).
Click on the Apple logo at the top left and select “About This Mac� to find out how much RAM are currently installed.
stock configuration is: 2x256MB 667 MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM

Here's the requirements for Snow Leopard:  http://support.apple.com/kb/SP575 apparently.
# Mac computer with an Intel processor
# 1GB of memory
# 5GB of available disk space
# DVD drive for installation

We have the same MacBook running 10.6.8 with only 1.5 GB RAM
Thank you kind sir!