This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Wood(Rhodes Minnis)
Hi i'm new to this site and this is my 1st post.
i've been to these woods quite alot and really enjoy it. There not to difficult but enough to have a laugh with. Has anyone ever been there and what did you think of it?
I think I've cycled past/near the wood on a road bike, on my way to Bossingham via Gogway,  but never through the wood - it looks too dark and scary in the there!

Welcome to the forum by the way and happy posting. If you like West wood, you may enjoy Blean - there's a regular Wednesday night ride, keep an eye out on the rides thread.
yeah it is dark but i like dark eirie woods.
i've been up blean quite a few times i was up there tuesday morning and as i don't drive anymore it's going to be a more regular one. Yeah i'll keep an eye out for wednesday rides cheers.
Have ridden thru here over the years,but not totally familiar with all the trails.Rode here from Barham a few weeks ago.Gorsley wood a bit further north is also worth a look.West Wood area ridden alot by Activ/VC Deal.
Hi welcome to the forum.

Lyminge Forest is my local ride. I enter it from the Stone St end of Green Lane which is West Wood I believe. There's loads of short trails there, a lot of which have been built by the Active riders I think ( they're the ones that are marked out by fallen branches ). It links together pretty well with a bit of local knowledge, it's no Blean but is good for a local blast.

I ride all the way through to Covert mainly on singletrack passing through Elhampark wood and another one I don't know the name of, you hardly see any road or walkers which I like.

Rode there today, conditions were excellent but it does get very soggy once the rain/snow arrives and takes a while to dry out.

Showed a few people around it a few weeks ago and they seemed to enjoy it so I'll keep an eye on the weather and post details of a ride in the near future...