This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
covert wood
Anna and I are looking at riding Covert neek Tuesday 6th and would appreciate a tour. Im also available to ride the following 2 days if anyone is up for it.
Don't expect much of an XC ride, its more of a ride some downhill bits and push up. Any fire road is super boggy and not much fun. More of a neccesity to get to the other good bits. Just my take on it though. I'm off next week from work so may be up for some stuff, not sure of what and when though yet!  Smile
i could do perry on tuesday/wednesday
Sounds ok to me mate.  ill pm you to organise laterif ok
I'll be up for that mate Wink

[quote="]i could do perry on tuesday/wednesday[/quote"]
How does a 10 start sound? Where do we park/meet?
There is a lot more in the Covert and surrounding woods than just the DH trails, you just need to know where you're going. KT often do a ~40 mile loop taking in all the surrounding woods, Flintlock will hopefully be along shortly, if not throw him a PM
Here's a route that will keep you going for a couple of hours.This should avoid some of Covert area mud tracks.Can't understand why Ben posted about pushing up,its not the Alps.Start is from car park by Barham church.

Attached Files
.gpx   Less than 1 minute ago">covert3_441.gpx (Size: 12.87 KB / Downloads: 0)
[quote="]Can't understand why Ben posted about pushing up.[/quote"]

its this new fashion for having inadequate gears!
My apologies! Smile That route looks pretty decent. I was going based purely on my visit with Matt and Linden where we sampled multiple trails in the same area. Pushing up, bombing it back down. I enjoyed it. Very open to being shown a good loop over there though.

As for wrong gears... bah.. We will see once the 1x10 goes on in a few weeks....  Wink