This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeview tv
We have a LCD tv with freeview built into it in the bedroom. When you select Freeview it says signal 0% and don't pick up and channels, does it need some sort of aerial or booster?  
digital tv isnt switched on until june next year?
An aerial is required.
hmmm. I had signal issues at the old place which I sorted with a signal booster. but my problems were weak signal, not NO signal. if you are picking nothing at all up I would guess a boasted wouldn't make much difference.

have you tried plugging it into a different aerial socket? take it round somebody else's house to test it there maybe? buy a 15 quid freeview box and try that?

The aerial is plugged into the tv isn't it?  Wink
"mashley" Wrote:We have a LCD tv with freeview built into it in the bedroom. When you select Freeview it says signal 0% and don't pick up and channels, does it need some sort of aerial or booster?  

Have you found out how strong the signal is in your area. We get a very week signal here and can't get any of the channels, and we've had to get a signal booster for my Man's freeview and she still gets lots of pixelation and channels she can't get at all, so you could just be in a rubbish area.
You might need a better aerial - with freeview you do need a good signal/setup to get the best from it.

First thing is to do a full channel scan - see if anything is picked up, the weaker the signal, the less channels, a poorer signal will probably at least find BBC channels in my experience.

Has it ever worked or is this brand new?

We've just installed a nice LED tv in the bedroom, luckily have a decent outside aerial though - lots of channels, although mainly cr@p.

As long as I can get Dave, Im happy.
try this link <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters.php">http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters.php</a><!-- m --> enabling you to see how far away you are to the transmitter - maybe of some help. Know anyone with swr meter?

If not has the telly been setup yet?
Bearing in mind its a fairly new house & you've plugged it into the arial socket in the wall you'll need to make sure that there is something at the other end of the cable in the loft... Never assume the builder connected both the upstairs & downstairs sockets to an arial
After digging around a bit more I did discover it's not got an aerial attached  :B Obviously the sky tv doesn't need an aerial so I never had one installed, I forgot this  :B
Big Grin