This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reproofing advice please
Morning All

A couple of months ago I cleaned my Endura eVent jacket and shorts using Nikwax techwash & then washed them with the wash in DX Direct.  This was done  on a normal wash cycle at 30'.  After this I put them both in the tumble dryer for about 15 mins on a low heat and also gave them a quick iron on again on a low setting.  

The washing machine draw had been cleaned thouroughly and the machine had been put on a hot wash with nothing in to get rid of as much detergent residue as possible.

This seemed to have worked but when it rained the other day they both wetted out and I got soaked in a very short space of time Sad

I have read elsewhere that using more then the suggested amount of Techwash works well so I may have another go trying that.  I wonder how much difference hand washing compared to machine washing makes on the end result?

FWIW the jacket lives generally folded up in the bottom of my bag so its always with me if the weather turns a bit gash.

What top tips do people have for reproofing or would it be worth sending it off somewhere to have it done?
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
The NikWax folk are very helpful & useful on their products Carl, give em a call mate;
Nikwax Head Office (UK), please call +44 (0)1892 786 400 between the hours of 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday (UK time)

Their head office is in my village, if you need anything taken there or picked up mate.
Excellent, cheers for that Jay I'll drop em a line Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been