This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick question
Nothing complicated for you lot Im sure!

If I buy a frame with a tapered headtube am I right in thinking I would then need tapered forks? Basically if I were to buy such a frame, would I need to replace my forks or is there a way I could fit my current ones?
Taper reducer headset.  Hope,  superstar and others make them.  The Crown race is narrower.  There are loads of different types though.  External,  semi integrated, integrated,  some a mix!  Hope can be bought separately.  I've run a few superstar ones,  cheap but work
what frame are you looking at dude Undecided so many nice ones to chose from
Oh cool, I was thinking I wouldnt be able to do it tbh!

Matt- was eyeing up that On One Carbon 456 HT that was posted in bargains the other day!
"Matt Saunby" Wrote:On One Carbon 456 HT that was posted in bargains the other day!

Do it Matt!  8) Some of the builds look awesome for it.

Are you not at all tempted by a Full suss? I'm converted now...  Smile
I am very tempted but if it happens it will defo be in the new year now obviously haha!

I would like a full suss, but I cant afford to have one that I'd like, and I do freaking love hardtails - so I'd rather have a better spec'd HT if you see what I mean Smile

Figured that that Carbon frame is probably about a kilo lighter than my current steel On One frame!
I dont think i have ever spoken to anybody who regretted going from a HT to a FS. And look at what nearly every sketchy rider rides.  The only notable negative for a FS is that it is heavier than a similarly specced HT.  And despite this it will be quicker and more comfortable so you will ride further and faster.
My advice is to stash the money and buy a FS at a later date.
"Blackers" Wrote:I dont think i have ever spoken to anybody who regretted going from a HT to a FS. And look at what nearly every sketchy rider rides.  The only notable negative for a FS is that it is heavier than a similarly specced HT.  And despite this it will be quicker and more comfortable so you will ride further and faster.

+1
"Blackers" Wrote:I dont think i have ever spoken to anybody who regretted going from a HT to a FS. And look at what nearly every sketchy rider rides.  The only notable negative for a FS is that it is heavier than a similarly specced HT.  And despite this it will be quicker and more comfortable so you will ride further and faster.

+2

I did love the 456 but as soon as i got a full suss it was no contest, full suss beat it hands down, even though the Enduro weighs 5lb more! If i were you I would get a second hand full suss frame and transfer your current bits over, then build up the 456 again when you can. You wont regret it!
And just in case we cant convince you,  borrow a fs and go for a long ride. Day and night.   Smile