This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trails around Cranbrook?
We're considering moving to Cranbrook, I know Breezer and maybe a few other folks have lived that way.

Are there any decent trails around there? I don't mind nice quite, useful footpaths either Wink
Obviously it's still not far from Bedgers, but I like exploring too.
There are a few paths in Angley/Burnt Back woods just outside of Cranbrook. If you do the Bedgebury loop then as you finish the bit of singletrack which goes into the slippy downhill fireroad to the quarry climb, you can follow a bridleway out if you instead turn right, theres a wooden gate/stile thing, see below

Then a bit to the east is hemsted forest. There are some paths, not that many plus off piste is really cloggy this time of the year but worth a look, see OS map when I looked at the east side of it one ride, steeper on the west. The blob of red route plot at the bottom is a deserted downhill bit with some jumps and a great run with about 8 berms I meant to go and sort but then I moved.

Back in Cranbrook you have this massive bowl area which you will see on the right a few hundred metres after going in on the main path, there are also some small jumps and downhill bits to the left of it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Fantastic response, cheers Darren. The bowls look great, and the maps are well handy.
Not sure about the trails but the curry house on the high street sells sprout bhajis, which is a pretty lethal combination.  :o
"redwinnie" Wrote:Not sure about the trails but the curry house on the high street sells sprout bhajis, which is a pretty lethal combination.  :o
EEEEEVILLLLLL!! Big Grin Big Grin
What Breezer says, been up there with him and it was great (terrain).

SPROUT bhajis, that I need to try?! Big Grin