This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD : Commuter Bike!
For a mate - he's just moved a little further out of town, and would like a bike to get him to the station every morning - therefore, any gents bike will do him!

Ive said I'll ask on here, and have offered to help build with him (if we get in bits)

What have you good sketchy-folk?

He will pay for goods if cheap enough and/or complete bike.
Give him your bike
"Breezer" Wrote:Give him your bike

Hilarious....
"Breezer" Wrote:Give him your bike

I nearly posted that too!  Big Grin

If he is a short chap Wiggle have some GT's for £200 - £250.
Careful blackers you are slowly becoming as predicatable as breezer....

Budget is very low, was hoping he could scour parts together.
Thats worrying. Come for a ride and i will stop!
He is better of scouring the local paper i would think.
It was a sensible suggestion. You dont use your bike and never will. He presumably lives near you ie on prison isle where all the theives are already in prison so no danger of it being nicked etc.

Cheaper and less hassle in the long run to get something complete off ebay instead of building up, any ancient mtb will do, put slicks on it, rigid forks better as less to go wrong
I'll have a set of 700c wheels for sale soon. Black Shimano Rims & hubs, black spokes.
Only done about 60 to 80 miles so as good as new. Probably looking for around the £75 mark inc skewers. Came off a £1100 commutrer bike so not cheep cheep wheels. For sale as I've chnaged to a white set
I'd probably assume he wants an mtb/26" wheel frame, but will let him know.
ok no probs