This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peak district GPS routes
I'm uploading these as tcx files but you can change them with a converter if needs be.  Most of them are taken from another website so I claim no responsibility for wrong turns!  I have ridden the routes though so have included some comments for each one
Ladybower Classic

A really good loop around ladybower reservoir.  I rode this a couple of years ago so the details are a bit hazy.  I remember a tough but mostly doable climb to start and some cracking tough rocky descents.  Its one I will definitely do again

Attached Files
.tcx   Less than 1 minute ago">ladybower_classic_1304.tcx (Size: 43.68 KB / Downloads: 0)
Mam Tor Figure of 8

A shorter route starting and finishing in Castleton but taking in some easy road /track climbs and some fun descents.  Still quite tiring despite the short distance

Attached Files
.tcx   Less than 1 minute ago">mam_tor_fig_8_130.tcx (Size: 21.44 KB / Downloads: 0)
Hope Valley and Edale

We rode this from Castleton as well although the route is mapped to start and finish elsewhere (Hope IIRC).  Starting from Castleton means there is a ridiculous walk / climb (I would say virtually unrideable) to begin with.  The downhills are pretty good and the ride finishes with a gentle couple of miles on the road to get back to Castleton.

Attached Files
.tcx   Less than 1 minute ago">hope_valley_and_edale_9251.tcx (Size: 32.57 KB / Downloads: 0)
Thanks mate, they sound perfect. How long did it take you to do the Ladybower classic?
I rode from Edale just up the road from Castleton and did Jacobs ladder etc via Hayfield
Ladybower was probably 3 or 4 hours with guys that don't ride but it wasn't too wet or muddy
"Breezer" Wrote:I rode from Edale just up the road from Castleton and did Jacobs ladder etc via Hayfield

Always fancied riding jacobs ladder, definitely on the agenda for next time
Totally unrideable but the overall ride itself was good even though I had to abort out onto road for a few miles due to a horrendous head wind. 4hrs50 for 20 miles but I am overweight and slow plus that included stops, still over 4hrs riding time, quite hilly!
Yep 20 miles there is a lot tougher than down here in flat old Kent!