This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Queenstown NZ
Speaking of flying squirrels reminded me of my trip to NZ in 06 and when we went to Queenstown and whilst out on a mad long walk up this mountain (no bike) we came across this big freeride place they were building which I believe was used in one of the more recent New World Disorder videos. It was early spring so still a bit damp in places and presumably was going to be ready for their summer. Photos are all here

http://complexdreams.com/pics/nz/queenstown/mtb/

Some insane stuff ie this was about 30-40 metre gap, took a while to twig that one was a take off ramp and my friend that you can just see is on the landing one! Fun looking northshore etc as well

resim
I want to be able to do that! I think Drop In season 4 went there too, some of it looks familiar.

What did you think of Queenstown? I absolutely love the place! Did you do any bungy jumps?
No im too much of a ponce to do bungy jumps heh. Most of the holiday was spent in Dunedin where my friend emigrated to but we went on a 4 (5?) day road trip to Queenstown. I liked the place although obviously very touristy and their curries were not hot at all and quite plain but other than that it was good heh

We saw some mountain bikers when we walked near Coronet Peak, right down in the valley downhilling which must have gone on for about 10 miles or something stupid

We did enjoy the tarmac luge thing at the top of the mountain. One of the runs was shut so they gave us about 6 goes on the other one, talk about carnage, lots of near fatal overtakes lol! Managed to get the art of cornering them on 2 wheels just avoiding touching the bump stop which slowed you down Big Grin

If you are really bored I did a write up on it, links to more Queenstown pics half way down ish http://complexdreams.com/newzealandtrip.html

resim
Dunedin itself had a nice bmx track and there was a DH track in the forest in the background. At the other end of the town was a large skatepark and in the hills a big XC loop that they use in their national series

resim