This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shed work surfaces
I want to put a work surface/bench in my shed, id like it to be L shaped fitting into the far corner.

Any ideas where to get a cheap surface from or what i can use? If i can get a surface i can make the bench. Something like an old kitchen surface etc?

Shed:

resim

Thanks
Nice shed!

Exactly what I'd use, ie a kitchen worktop, cheap and cheerful one, or if your lucky a large bit leftover in b&q, they sometimes have them round by the place they saw stuff up.
Dwg's B&Q comment is a great shout.
If not Wickes do kitchen top plenty good enough for the shed for £30 for 2m.
Cheap enough if you can get away with 2m.
Go up the local tip and ask, our local one is really helpful.
Any Kitchen fitters or general builders localy? Ask them if they are removing one, you could even join it together to make "bits" the right size.

Put something on top of it as a slippery work surface is not the best when you are trying to undo something. Old bit of floor covering is good "lino" to us oldies.
Good shout thanks Tinc, ill have a look at that work surface. Ill try and hunt down some old surfaces then, thought there might of been something else i could nhave been missing but i guess not.
If you need more than the 2m then look at marine plywood.
It's kind of waterproof, very stable & you can get it 20mm ish thick, although you may need to treat it if you expect to get liquid on it regulary.
An 8'x4' sheet cut in half will provide almost 5m of top for about the same £££'s as the 2m Wickes top.

Somewhere like B&Q will cut it to size for you FOC too.

More faffing & doesn't look as tidy, especially once it's been in there a while, but may be cheaper dependant upon how much you need.

Don't forget it'll all need adequate support for whateveryou intend to put on it & you may want to clad the inside of the shed to make it all flush first or fit an upstand to the rear of the bench so you don't keep losing things down the back Wink