This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memory Foam Mattress
Anybody got one and are they as good as the hype would have you believe, best nights sleep ever etc?

Thanks
Got one recently via an offer on Groupon.

Its pretty good, takes a while to get used to though, took me a good couple of weeks.

If you sleep on your front its not as nice as the curve/foam shape arcs your back a bit.

I love it now, but Im not saying its a life-changer.

Its quite good for couples who work or sleep at differing hours, as there is no "bounce" to it like a normal sprung matress, you hardly notice a partner getting in or out of bed or moving about if restless.

If you can afford it, get one, but dont pay silly money.
We have 3" toppers on both the kids beds & when people come to stay they say its the best night sleep they've had for ages. Be carefull which density you buy though as some can be fairly hard. When it comes top toppers in my opinon the 65kg one is the one to go for. The 75kg is a tad too hard.

I havent got a full memory foam mattress on my bed as found them too "doughy" but have a combined sprung/memory foam mattress... still around the same sort of price (£1800 for mattress only) but really really comfortable  ;D
I am not a fan.... gets too hot and whilst the lack of bounce is helpful for the reasons stated by Mr Boy I miss the bounce when it comes to .....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:I am not a fan.... gets too hot and whilst the lack of bounce is helpful for the reasons stated by Mr Boy I miss the bounce when it comes to .....

Oh yes there is that...... but the lack of bounce also keeps her asleep while you can........  Wink
We have a full Tempur foam mattress.
Bought to help with Mrs Tinc's back issues - does the trick too!

They're odd at first, but really good when you're used to it.
Personally I have no trouble sleeping wherever & on whatever, but it certainly is comfortable.
I generally sleep on my front & have not noticed the arched back thing.
We have a sprung mattress in our van & Mrs tinc tells me she doesn't sleep as well there as she does at home.

It does seems to do what it says & does it well, but they are bloody expensive - I think we paid £1800 for the mattress alone :o
On the flip side Mrs Tinc's back is better, she sleeps better & complains little.
Value for money Undecided  I guess that depends on your criteria.
I don't think I'd be able to justify the expense without the bad back to fix TBH.

As MBNut says they are very warm & I struggle to stay cool enough in the summer & am currently on the warm side under the duvet, but the ladies like to be warm in bed.
MBNut's other observation is equally accurate, feels more like you're on the beach Wink
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Oh yes there is that...... but the lack of bounce also keeps her asleep while you can........  Wink

Menage a trois or sight debilitating self abuse - either way that island is a strange place ??)
&quot;Tinc&quot; Wrote:We have a full Tempur foam mattress.
Bought to help with Mrs Tinc's back issues - does the trick too!

They're odd at first, but really good when you're used to it.
Personally I have no trouble sleeping wherever & on whatever, but it certainly is comfortable.
I generally sleep on my front & have not noticed the arched back thing.
We have a sprung mattress in our van & Mrs tinc tells me she doesn't sleep as well there as she does at home.

It does seems to do what it says & does it well, but they are bloody expensive - I think we paid £1800 for the mattress alone :o
On the flip side Mrs Tinc's back is better, she sleeps better & complains little.
Value for money Undecided  I guess that depends on your criteria.
I don't think I'd be able to justify the expense without the bad back to fix TBH.

As MBNut says they are very warm & I struggle to stay cool enough in the summer & am currently on the warm side under the duvet, but the ladies like to be warm in bed.
MBNut's other observation is equally accurate, feels more like you're on the beach Wink

You have sand in your bed or pebbles.... umm interesting
&quot;Laggingbehind&quot; Wrote:You have sand in your bed or pebbles.... umm interesting

Feels like sand - I haven't checked it's more clever than that, certaily heavy enough to be full of sand :'(
Cheers for the replies, amusing too!

To sum up then expensive, potentially hot and feels like you're sha**ing on a beach.

Just realised the one I though was a bargain only has a 2.5 cm layer on top of a sprung mattress, possibly the way to go.

There's all sorts of different ones that say they disperse heat but they are very expensive, would sooner sleep on bricks and put money towards a new bike.