This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skids cwm carn vid
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MF-b-ZOSe3Q?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MF-b-ZOSe3Q?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
First go with cam and editing, feedback would be much appreciated. Already learnt a lot from my mistakes on this ie mark has shown me how to mount the go pro properly also use the anti misting pads.  Shot on the go pro 2 edited with adobe premier 10 using this to load direct to utube, found this a bit confusing as theirs so many file and quality formats went for what i thought to be the highest but still comes out ropey compression on utube Undecided
I like it want to go back there soon myself!  ;D
Looks like although you have done it in 720p etc, the bitrate is really low and hence massive compression. Youtube is always quite bad (compared to mpora etc) but it should be a lot better than that. Have a look at the settings, you might need a different mpeg4 codec and go into their own preferences to configure, get the bitrate higher
Looks good to me. what was the file size of the end video? My one from Surrey was just under 1 gig for the 10 minute footage.
it would be good to know what setting are used for vids like Locals which is 15mins but looks good quality.
Vimeo is better for the HD stuff I find.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
&quot;treaclesponge&quot; Wrote:Vimeo is better for the HD stuff I find.

We did a comparison a while back and came to the conclusion that you tube looked better with the same file and settings.

we tested
You Tube
Pinkbike
Vimeo
&quot;Deadpool2e&quot; Wrote:We did a comparison a while back and came to the conclusion that you tube looked better with the same file and settings.

we tested
You Tube
Pinkbike
Vimeo

Interesting, always found Vimeo a lot easier to use as well. Perhaps Ill check out Youtube next time around.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
You Tube has upped there game of late.
Bit busy(ish) at work at the mo but will dig out a link I found massively helpful when processing my 3D animations at uni. Inline with blu ray quality 1080p stuff, no loss and tuned for the bitrates of youtube/vimeo etc... All standard in premiere too.. Hold tight  Wink