This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strava
Looked at this thread on STW yesterday and downloaded the app. Looks like it could be fun. Some of the Surrey runs are on there Yoghurts etc. Also Bedgebury red route in 38 mins! Could be fun to see who are "King of the Mountains" round some of our usual routes BBH, Blean etc. Also just does segements and you can upload from Garmin, phone apps etc
will give it a spin.
ffs ive been using endomondo for the last months riding but will have to look at this now as you can set what bike you are on etc, so much hassle. Wonder if it will also tell me how many burgers I have burned! (58)
I have added Sketchy MTB as a club Wink

Another quite good feature is that you can set a radius from your house that it will not publish GPS data, so nobody will be finding your house unlike Garmin Connect.

Currently I'm KOM on a couple of local hills Smile And more worryingly I uploaded the SDW route and I have the second fastest climb time on a couple of those :o
ffs again, this is one of the hills I use sometimes and I nearly puked on it last time http://www.strava.com/segments/battery-hill-644226

Just looked at my log and have to estimate the last bit as I had to veer onto the verge as clouds came down and was 30m visibility but it was around 7:30 so not bad as I was using mudx on the road but a shorter ride than those bods. Must go back to it now argh
I see you are on here Mike http://www.strava.com/segments/butts-ln-climb-703943   thats a god awful climb! I normally route down it on my Eastbourne/Friston rides then go back up a different way just north of it. Ive been down it before outspinning 42x11 but the other times pedalling hard in the middle ring due to the wind coming up the valley, thats not fun!

I walked half of it once after doing a mech hanger in friston, it was raining then punctured going up it so sulked and walked to the top as the car was parked in a car park up there just north off of the map
Looks interesting.  Just signed up and will give it a go next time i'm on the wheels. ;D
I remember that being possibly the worst climb on the SDW :'( I had a small tear in my rear tyre at the start of the climb that luckily sealed up OK
"Breezer" Wrote:ffs again, this is one of the hills I use sometimes and I nearly puked on it last time http://www.strava.com/segments/battery-hill-644226

Just looked at my log and have to estimate the last bit as I had to veer onto the verge as clouds came down and was 30m visibility but it was around 7:30 so not bad as I was using mudx on the road but a shorter ride than those bods. Must go back to it now argh

Fancy a stab at that time. Reckon 6 minutes over a mile is easily done.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
I have just uploaded, a small ride I did on Sunday and it told me I was 4th on a small hill near me. Shame I was over twice the time of the leader though. However he was on a shiney light road bike  >Sad

Guess its my fault for using a section of road!!