This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart Rate Watch
Anyone recommend a semi decent looking watch which does HR etc?

I think Mr Blackers has one, perhaps some info would help.

Must monitor from the wrist, not a chect strap, if such thing exists.
Decathlon. Cheap and cheerful. No hrm watch looks decent as far as i can tell though. And ive only ever know them work via a chest strap.
I didn't know they did ones which monitored from the wrist. Why not a chest strap one anyway? Mines from decathlon cost less than £20 and I bought it in 2008, still working fine, the chest strap can be worn without the watch and it talks to the treadmill at the gym, the watch itself has been bashed about and has a big scratch it the screen but still work fine.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Anyone recommend a semi decent looking watch which does HR etc?

I think Mr Blackers has one, perhaps some info would help.

Must monitor from the wrist, not a chect strap, if such thing exists.

You can get bra's with built in hrm straps, that could be an option?
"mashley" Wrote:I didn't know they did ones which monitored from the wrist. Why not a chest strap one anyway? Mines from decathlon cost less than £20 and I bought it in 2008, still working fine, the chest strap can be worn without the watch and it talks to the treadmill at the gym, the watch itself has been bashed about and has a big scratch it the screen but still work fine.

I dont know if they do either, but this is preferable.

Will have a good look around, perhaps Im asking too much for a wrist sensing one (if such exists)
"Breezer" Wrote:You can get bra's with built in hrm straps, that could be an option?

I wouldnt know how to take it off.......
I have one made by sportline about £60 or £20 off ebay has a chest strap or place two fingers on the bezel. Most need two points of contact so not sure if you can get one that just measures from the wrist
Seems they do exist

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.heartmonitorwatchesreview.org/Wrist-Heart-Rate-Monitor.html">http://www.heartmonitorwatchesreview.or ... nitor.html</a><!-- m -->

just a little more expensive.
I had a hrm which worked from the wrist - purchased from some online place, can't exactly remember where - anyhow the draw back of it was that it only showed and recorded your heart rate at 5 sec intervals which wasn't very acurate. Returned it pretty darn quick and got one with a chest strap.
I saw this in CNET's coverage of the Consumer Electronics Show this week.  It's not released yet, but looks to be what you're looking for.  Should be $199 when released this spring, and monitors heart rate, activity using accelerometers, and body temperature.  Links to your computer via USB as well. Come with white or black straps.
https://mybasis.com/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />