This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loctite threadlock
Hello just to pick a few brain cells wanted to buy some threadlock to stop things rattling undone. Seems straight forward enough but they come in different strengths, what do people recommend? Didn’t want to use one that meant you couldn’t get them undone, i have brought a bondloc before in low strength but fond it would never dry, i assume your meant to let it dry before bolting things back together Undecided. Also get the impression the strength is to do with tread size Undecided Please help,many thanks Smile
Will pop some through your letter box in the morning. Beats neighbours asking for some sugar for their coffee.
I use the blue one, medium strength, holds well but still can get the bolts out when you need to without thinking they will snap.
"UphillDownDale" Wrote:Will pop some through your letter box in the morning. Beats neighbours asking for some sugar for their coffee.
thanks for the offer dude, didn't need it right at the mo, was just thinking ahead, out of interest which one do you use Undecided thing i need at the mo is Truvativ ISIS Drive BB X-Tool if you have one handy though
"Skid" Wrote:thanks for the offer dude, didn't need it right at the mo, was just thinking ahead, out of interest which one do you use Undecided thing i need at the mo is Truvativ ISIS Drive BB X-Tool if you have one handy though

Can't remember number now but same as Derek says. A little heat also helps release thread lock.
I use the blue medium strength one but in the stick form...looks pretty much like a giant lypsil  Big Grin Big Grin
I use the same one as lagging, much easier with less mess!
"paul_f" Wrote:I use the same one as lagging, much easier with less mess!

+ 1. And surely this is a contendor for thread of the year already!   Big Grin
i use loctite 241 (blue) and drop a bit on the thread and wack it in. i think it drys when there is no air??